[Chapter {13}]

*Not proofread*

Callum's POV

I was currently exiting the school Nathan hot on my tail. Ever since Nathan told me about the full moon and the extra hormones attached to it, I've been trying to avoid him as much as possible.

"Callum, wait up," Nathan called but I just ignored him continuing my walk.

"Callum, I said wait up," Nathan tried again but I just kept speed walking, I could see his car from here and it wasn't far off.

"Cal, what the hell," Nathan growled just as we reached his car, he used my arm to spin me around so fast I was dazed despite me being a vampire with speed.

I thought Nathan would be seething but instead, his face was contorted into one of confusion and hurt.
Maybe I'm overreacting I thought feeling embarrassed.

I brushed Nathan's arm gently before gesturing to the car. I think he got the message because he opened the door allowing me to enter the car.

He followed soon after slamming the door shut.

"Callum, what's wrong," Nathan asked his voice quivering. I refused to look at him since guilt was beginning to eat at me profusely.

"Callum, I'm talking to you!" Nathan growled loudly turning me to face him, my fangs popped out on their own accord more out of fear than anger.

His eyes were a bright yellow which had me wondering how angry he was at me.

The next words he uttered however made me feel completely guilty.

"Tell me what I did Cal, I promise I'll make it right," His voice was barely above a whisper making me doubt if a normal human could've heard him.

"Callum you're beginning to scare me, please talk to me Cal," Nathan murmured into my neck from were he was back hugging me.

"I'm sorry if I scared you Nathan, I've just been really out of it ever since you told me about the full moon. I'm not used to all this kind of things yet," I said covering my face in embarrassment.

"Callum, you know I'll not do anything you aren't comfortable with," Nathan said taking my hand from my face.

"I know Nate."

"Then why did you have to scare me that," Nathan asked now hugging me.

"I don't know Nate, maybe because I'm an idiot," I half joked covering my face with his shoulder.

"I thought I was loosing my mate you idiot," Nathan said chuckling.

"That's what I said," I cried in fake excitement causing Nathan to laugh loudly.

I could feel the tension clearing up and so I let out a huge sigh of relief.

"Now that this highly unnecessary drama is over with, can we get out of here. I can't believe I'm spending more time in school than I'm already forced to," I said twisting my face into that of agony.

Nathan's laughter filled the car as he started the engine. "You know we're going to your house right," Nathan asked pulling out of the parking lot.

"We are?"

"We are," he confirmed already driving in the direction of my house. Looks like I don't have a say in this huh, although it does seem strange that he suggests we go to my house.

Nathan is this sought of cute narcissist who takes much pride in his park. He makes us spend a lot of time there so he can boast more about them which as I said is quite cute.