[Chapter {19}]

Callum's POV

"Mother,"

I scanned the people sitting beside her with the same blank expression as hers on their faces. Vanessa, Matt, Clara, Veronica also Nathan's mom and Damon Nathan's dad.

"What are you guys doing here," I asked taking cautious steps back since none of them had moved an inch since I got here.

"You guys, we're scaring the poor kid," Veronica complained flashing me a smile that instantly brought relief to my tensed form.

"I brought them here, it took a while to track you but with their amazing noses, we were able to," Vanessa explained but I raised a sceptical eyebrow at her.

"You saw a bunch of werewolves and you did not kill them, instead you worked together with them, that sounds far-fetched even for you," I crossed my hands and leaned my weight on my right hip waiting for an explanation from her.

"Relax Callum, I'm getting to the kill but that would be after we get you and your mate out of here. You are the one who said werewolves aren't as bad as rumoured right,"

"I guess so, I can't believe you set aside your fear of werewolves just to help me," I gushed and she gave me a shy smile.

"I did threaten to drink their bloods dry if they tried anything funny," she stated and I laughed because that sounded more like Nessa.

"How did you get past your parents though," I questioned worriedly and she gave me a mischievous smile.

"I knocked them out."

"What, you fought with your parents," I exclaimed and she shushed me.

"No no, your mom knocked them out with a spell. You'll be surprised how easy sneaking into the Queen's chamber is with a witch in your mist," she added the last part but I guess I failed to register what she actually meant.

"As fun as it has been to listen to you kids converse, I will like to know what you meant by 'you are getting to the kill'," Damon asked and Vanessa answered with a nervous laugh.

"Just ignore me okay, sometimes I can't control the rubbish that spews out of my mouth," she joked and Damon nodded the murderous glare still on his face.

"How did you guys even know about this?" I asked referring to the werewolves that were surrounding my mom.

"Nathan mind linked me and told me to get help from your mom," Matt said and I nodded in understanding a pained looking crossing my features at the mention of Nathan's name.

"He said he didn't call his parents because they would have asked a lot of questions and his mind link was not going to last that long," Matt paused looking at me for an explanation as to why that happened.

"They put a lot of silver in his blood, he is also chained with silver so the wounds he has sustained aren't healing at all, I don't know how long he will last," the last part was more of a whisper but since everybody in the room had heightened senses, they all heard me.

"They put silver in him," Veronica whispered and I gave her a small nod trying to keep my tears at bay, an embarrassing sniffle still escaped though.

"I tried to stop them but I was practically useless, I couldn't do anything so they took him away. If only I was a bit stronger or less cowardly, I would have done something, but no, I had to be a weak bastard," I seethed and although I wanted to be angry at myself, it did not last long because the next minute I was bawling my eyes out.

I felt arms go around me and I leaned into that person desiring their comfort.

"You are not useless Callum, I've told you several times that you are special," my mom consoled but I let out an unamused snort.