[Chapter {25}]

I did a double update so make sure you read chapter 24 before this( just in case you missed the notification).

Callum's POV

"So, tell me about your childhood, what was life like in your clan," Nathan asked making my chest tighten. I never wanted to relive those moments, not on my birthday at that.

"Nathan, those weren't my best times," I tried to reason.

"I know Callum, I'm not that insensitive. Despite that, I still want to know every inch of you. You would have to tell me those stories if you want us to be closer. I promise, I'll laugh through the good ones, and comfort you through the bad ones."

Nathan was right, we had to know each other completely for this to work.

"Okay fine, but you have to tell me about your childhood too," I bargained. He nodded in reply.

"I know how to make it easier for you."

"How?" I asked.

"You've never seen my wolf before, am I right?" He asked making me realize that it was indeed true. I haven't seen Nathan's wolf before.

I nodded guiltily but he waved me off. "It's understandable with all the things we went through. I mean trouble came knocking on our front door right when I was trying to gain your trust. It's nobody's fault really," he said nudging my shoulder.

"You telling the stories to my wolf will be easier and more comforting, it'll be like venting out to an animal," he reasoned making me frown.

"I don't think of you as just an animal, Nate."

"I know that babe, I just want to make things easier for you. Besides, my wolf has been dying to meet you."

"What's his name?" I asked curiously. I read a while back, that werewolves name their wolves different names from theirs.

"Nathaniel," he answered and I snorted.

"Really creative."

"What, it was his choice. He didn't want anything that'd make us seem different," Nathan defended, I just laughed in reply.

"All right then, you can shut your eyes because this would definitely sting," he said beginning to discard his clothes.

"What are you doing?" I asked when he came down to his boxers.

"What! I don't want any of my clothes to wind up torn," he shrugged although the mischievous glint in his eyes said something different.

I closed my eyes as Nathan discarded his boxers, feeling hot at the fact that he was naked, right in front of me.

I quickly opened my eyes when I heard grunts from him. I gasped as his bones reshaped, and hairs grew out, concluding that the process seemed painful.

Ten seconds later, and there was a golden wolf in front of me. I'm not exaggerating or anything –okay maybe I am just a little– you could still sell his coat and make a million bucks though.

"Nathan," I whispered as the golden wolf strutted to me.

He whined so I corrected my self, "Nathaniel."

His tongue popped out, and he gave me a happy lick. He then settled himself in my lap, urging me to go on with my story. I now understood what Nathan meant, it was much easier to talk to someone when their heated gaze wasn't on you.

I let my hands trail through Nathaniel's soft fur, and scratched his head making him mewl. I kept my hands in his fur, feeling it's softness beneath my fingers, as I started my story.