[Chapter {23}]

Nathan's POV

"Callum, I don't understand why we have to go to school. We've been away for two weeks, there are bound to be questions," I grumbled not bothering to hide my discomfort at all the piercing eyes.

"Oh suck it up you big baby, if you hadn't gone running off like some super hero just so you could save my ass, none of us will be in this situation," Callum replied pointedly, easing my fears like the wonderful boy friend he is. Sarcasm, only the easing my fears part, not the wonderful boy friend part, if you get what I mean.

Since he wasn't going to pacify, I was going to make him uncomfortable, "you know, there are other things I'll like to suck" I hummed. "And for the record, you have some fine piece of ass."

"Shut up, what the hell are you insinuating?" he mumbled and I chuckled at his embarrassment.

"That tomorrow is going to be the best day of your life."

"What makes you so sure, Nathan."

"For one, your turning eighteen tomorrow. Secondly, it'll be your first birthday with your killer boyfriend," I flashed him a smug smile, but he remained unimpressed.

"And I'm supposed to believe you're referring to yourself. You, a killer boyfriend, ha," he laughed but I knew he was only doing it to avoid feeding my ego.

"That really hurts Callum, after all we have been through, I thought I finally had your trust completely," I made sure to pout for extra effect, my voice taking on a sad tone.

He gasped, "Nate, I was only joking, I promise. You have my complete trust Nathan, I only said that to injure your ego, I-"

And then I was in full on hysterics, "I'm sorry but I just couldn't keep up, you looked so cute being all hot and bothered."

"Nathan! Not cool," he growled before marching off.

"Hey! You're not actually angry at me are you?" I called ignoring the barely concealed curiosity from my pairs.

Callum gave me the finger, and that's when I realized I messed up.

"Callum, baby, I'm sorry," I yelled but that only seemed to embarrass him further, seeing as he darted a glance in my direction, only to glare furiously at me.

The bell had gone about thirty seconds ago, but I was dedicatedly ignoring it. Who needs school anyway.

Apparently Callum did, because he was stomping off in the direction of where his first period wasn't and the warning bell was about to go.

If I made Callum late, he'd give me the silent treatment. That would suck seeing as his birthday is tomorrow.

"Wait Callum, you're heading in the wrong direction. Your first period is this way," I was pointing to the east of the hall, and having pointed it out, Callum seemed to have come to the realization that I was right.

That only seemed to embarrass and anger him further because the next thing I knew, he was stomping off again —in the right direction this time— not bothering to spare me a glance.

Oh man, so much for a peaceful return to school.

"Come on Callum, you can't still be mad at me?" I asked when he refused to speak to me, or even sit beside me during lunch.

He didn't answer my question though, and just focused on slurping something in a water bottle.

A brilliant idea flashed through my head. It could either fix things with Cal, or make him go full ogre mood on me. If he could hear my thoughts, I'd be six feet under by now.