[Chapter {21}]

Callum's POV

I woke up with a startled gasp proceeding to groan at the feeling of getting up too fast. I almost started wondering if I was the one that groaned because my voice sounded scratchy and hoarse.

Getting up a lot slower and a bit more careful this time, I let my feet rest on floor just beneath me. I shivered as the cold seeped from the floor to my feet. Looking around I noticed that I was sat on a hospital bed in a nauseatingly white room.

Why the hell am I in a hospital again, moments of the last time I was awake flashed through my head leaving me with only one question. Nathan?.

I tried to stand but my legs felt like they were made of butter so I sat my ass back down. Thinking of what scheme that didn't involve walking to use in other to exit the room, I didn't notice the presence that entered.

"You're awake?" a voice asked more like stated, at least I hoped she was stating because if she seriously was asking if I was awake, I wouldn't know how to answer that, I'll probably go with 'no, not at all, this is all just a figment of your imagination'.

"Let me run some tests to see if you are hundred percent okay," the tall dark-skinned, judging from her lab coat....doctor said.

She removed a pen from her thick mass of dark brown curls and let me tell you, I didn't find the action weird at all. Lies! I must have damaged some vital part of my brain because the amount of internal arguments I'm having with myself is beyond absurd.

"Miss, can you get my mom," I asked hoping she knew who my mom was because honest to earth, I had no idea where the fucking hell I was at.

"Sure, I'll be back soon, in the mean time try not to do anything relatively stressful," she warns giving me a toothy grin before exiting the bland hospital room. Relatively stressful, pfft, I can't even move my damn legs.

Five minutes later a knock came through the person stepping in before I even had the chance to say 'come in'.

"Finally, you're awake. What were you doing, going at it with a virtual Nathan," she joked and I scowled at her, it's not like I could control how long I decided to stay unconscious.

"How are you my sweet child?" my mom cooed pulling me into a hug.

"Fine, how long have I been out?" I asked hugging her back my nose tingling from the scent of lavender coming from her hair which was repeatedly brushing my nose.

"About three days," she replied stroking my hair.

"Is Nathan awake yet?" I asked the question with so much calm it was impossible for anyone to see the turmoil going on inside my head and heart. But of course the woman in my arms isn't just anyone, she's my mom and she knows me better than anyone.

"Nathan's going to be fine Callum. Damon and Veronica did everything they could till they were positive he was safe. They managed to get all the silver out of him and although no one is sure when he'll wake up, he's completely out of danger so don't worry your little head okay," I nodded in reply taking it upon myself to accept the information with a strong mind.

My mom let go of me and moved to get up from the bed but I halted her actions. "Since Nathan's not awake and I have nothing to do, how about we have a little chat."

"Concerning what?" she seemed confused at my suggestion so I put her out of her misery.

"About everything, starting with I don't know....how you are a half witch but felt entitled to keep that little detail to yourself despite the fact that I'm your son," I spat anger from before resurfacing.