[Chapter {12}]

Callum's POV

I released a deep sigh and glanced at Nathan, he has spaced out once again and it's beginning to be a problem.

I'm beginning to wonder if I did anything wrong during our date last night.

"Nathan," I called for the umpteenth time, he didn't answer so I gave his shoulder a light shove.

"Huh," he was a little bit startled at my touch.

"You spaced out again, are you sure there isn't something wrong," I asked worry lacing my voice.

"Of course not, I'm just a little tired ok," he replied once again brushing off the subject.

Although everyone has the right to feel tired, I suspect that Nathan's problem isn't really tiredness.

For one, he looked deep in thought during the drive to school. Nathan insisted that he picked me up every morning and I can't say I'm complaining, but this is the first time I've seen him so out of it.

He has spaced out like three times since we started making our way to my locker. During the short time I've known him, I gathered that he usually pays attention to anything you say and that is the exact opposite of what is happening right now.

A small smile graces my face when I see Eliza waiting for me at my locker.

"Hey Eli," I greeted with a smile.

"Callum!" she squealed pulling me into a tight hug.

A low growl was heard by the side and I turned to see Nathan glaring at Eliza, oh so now he knows I exist.

I purposely pulled Eliza closer and let my head fall in between the crook of her neck, I inhaled her scent and squeezed her tighter than before.

As expected Nathan did not last for more than a minute because before I knew it, my body was ripped harshly away from Eliza's.

Nathan crossed his arms and glared harshly at me and of course, I returned the favour.

We were snapped out of our glaring contest by Eliza who somehow managed to remain oblivious to everything that just occurred.

"Hey Nathan," she chirped happily her grin stretching from ear to ear.

When Nathan only continued to glare at her, I struck my elbow in his side which released a pained grunt from him. I gave him a 'behave yourself' look and he rolled his eyes at me before proceeding to return Eliza's greeting.

"Hi Eliza, nice to see you," he said with a fake smile plastered on his face. Somehow Eliza refused to catch that and I was extremely thankful for her obliviousness. At least I hoped she was oblivious.

"Nathan and I have somewhere to be Eliza so I'll catch you and the guys at lunch, yeah."

"Sure, see you then," Eliza replied sweetly before skipping off. She must be on a sugar high, that's the only thing that explains her cheery attitude at what, nine in the morning.

I pulled Nathan to an empty classroom, making sure to lock the doors before turning around to glare at him.

"Ok what the hell is wrong with you," I whisper yelled crossing my arms and glaring at him.

He sighed deeply before answering, "nothing ok. Like I told you before, I'm a bit stressed out so I just need to rest."

"We can skip school if you want," I asked softly feeling a bit guilty that I was harsh to him earlier.

"It's ok Cal, I'm sure I can last till closing," he replied tiredly.

I heaved a sigh before smiling and pulling him to one of the seats in the classroom. He really looks stressed so my brilliant self came up with an idea to relieve him of some of it.