Chapter 25

May 30, 1999 Tampa, Florida
NICK'S POV
"Dammit come on, where is she?" I mumbled, pacing. I literally had to leave in ten minutes. I was right outside Lili's house. The Millennium Tour was beginning soon, and I had to go to the Backstreet Boys plane with the guys and we had a concert on June 2 in Europe.

I completely forgot to ask Lili to come with us. I knew she left for a photo shoot earlier this morning and would be back soon. Crap.

Eight minutes until I had to bounce. Her car pulled up in the driveway. I ran towards it. She stepped out. Lili was wearing a white lacy crop top with light blue mom jeans. She had a white Chanel cross body bag over her shoulder, with the diamond circle necklace I gave her around her neck, as usual.

"Nick?" she looked confused.

"Oh hi." I rushed out. "Can you come on tour with us? Please?"

Lili blinked. "When is it?"

I checked my watch. "Six minutes."

"And you're barely telling me now?" Lili sighed, exasperated.

I groaned. "I know, I forgot. But please." I clasped her hands with mine and gave my biggest, saddest looking pout. She groaned.

"Fine."

"Great, come on!" I pulled her hand.

"Wait, what about luggage?" she asked, running behind me.

"We'll take care of it later." I got into my car. Lili went into the shotgun seat. I started driving to the airport.

"Finally!" Kevin rolled his eyes when we arrived.

"Sorry, I had to make sure she came. I forgot to ask her earlier." I admitted, rubbing the back of my neck. Kevin shook his head.

"Come on, let's go!" Brian yelled, from our plane. I nodded and took Lili's hand again and we quickly boarded the plane.

"Jesus." she sat down in a seat. I sat next to her.

"Sorry." I kissed her cheek.

"Where are we going anyway?" she asked.

"Uhhh, Belgium is the first stop." I answered. She nodded. She leaned her head back and looked out the window.

After several hours of flight, we landed in a private area where fans couldn't storm the plane. It was nighttime.

"Guys, put your jackets on, it's freezing." Kevin opened the compartments and handed each of us our luggage. As soon as we stepped off the plane, I felt the cold air. It was probably around fifty degrees, but growing up in Florida, it felt like ten. I zipped up my jacket.

Brian had his arm around Leighanne and Kevin with Kristin and Howie and AJ were with their girlfriends, Eliza and Leigh. I looked at Lili and realized she didn't have a jacket on. And she was in a crop top. She was shivering and had goosebumps on her arms. I wasn't a huge fan of rolling suitcases around, so I usually took duffel bags. I unzipped one and brought out a jacket.

"Here." I put it on her. Again, I felt guilty about dragging her out here in such short notice.

"Thanks." I could tell that she immediately felt better. I shifted my bag to my other arm. Using my free arm, I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me. I kissed her forehead, as we headed to the tour bus. The first concert of the tour was in Ghent. As soon as we entered the bus, I felt better. It was so warm in here.

"Alright guys, we have a concert in two days. We have to prepare tomorrow okay? It's time to sleep." he waved and left with Kristin.

"I didn't know tour buses were this big." Lili looked around. I smiled.