Chapter 6

April 21, 1996 Orlando, Florida
LILI'S POV
I open my eyes and look around. I'm in Lou's house and it's my birthday today. I'm finally 16. Don't get me wrong, I liked being 15. But 16 is also a nice age.

Personally, I think 12, 15, 16, 18, 19, 21, and 25 are the best ages. But I get up and stretch. I head into the bathroom and shower. I planned an outfit a week before because I can. It was really cute. I dry myself off and let my hair dry naturally. I spread cherry blossom lotion over my body, and slip on my bra and underwear.

Then, I grab the red dress from the hanger. The dress reached a few inches above my ankle and was red and loose. The sleeves reached right above my elbow. Then, I put on white slip ons. I wasn't much into heels or flats. After my hair had dried, I brushed it and put it into a loose fishtail, like the one Meg Ryan had in Sleepless in Seattle. I tied it with a white scrunchie.

I didn't own any jewelry except for gold earrings. I decided since I was older now, I could try lipstick. Lou had left me a box with different shades to choose from, it was a bit overwhelming. I chose a slightly darker than normal matte red and filled my lips in.

I looked at my reflection, satisfied. Ready, I open my door and head to the kitchen. AJ is waiting there. His jaw drops when he sees me.

"Lili!" he gives me a hug.

"Hey Jay-Jay. I chuckle.

"You look great!" AJ says, as he leads me to the patio.

"Thanks." I look at the patio and my own jaw drops.

"I know, it's huge." AJ says, leading me to the party. Lou's house was like Disney World. I swear. Or well what I thought Disney World would be like. I've never gone. There's huge decorations. Wow. Lou really goes all out. There were even dolphins in the pool what the hell? I stopped to pet one? I don't know if that's what it's called.

"Lili!" I hear a high pitched voice. I turn around, and Aaron is racing toward me. I laugh as pick him up and swing him around before giving him a kiss on his head.

"Aaron!" Nick rushes forward.

"Don't worry, it's okay." I look at Nick, reassuringly. He nods.

"You look beautiful." he whispers. I blush and look down as usual.

"Thank you." Nick nods and kisses my cheek. I greet everyone, including Kevin's girlfriend Kristin. Wow, she's pretty. She's a bit taller than me, about 5'9. I was around 5'7. I would probably be around her height by eighteen. She had dirty blonde hair and light brown eyes. She looked familiar, but I couldn't tell from where.

"Hey Lili." Kristin gives me a smile.

"Hey." I give her a hug and I see Kevin grinning and blushing.

"Aww old man is blushing." AJ squishes Kevin's cheeks. We all laugh. Kevin glares at AJ.

"Oh, in case you're wondering, Kristin is the girl from the video of I'll Never Break Your Heart." Brian confirms.

"Ohh." I nod. No wonder I felt like I saw her face before. I hear the doorbell ring and everyone looks at each other. I go to answer the door and see Kenneth standing there.

"Happy Birthday." he chuckles. I forgot I invited. I resist the urge to face palm.

"Hey Ken." I give him a hug and lead him to the patio.

"Jesus." he looks around.

"I know." I smile. Everyone looks up and grins. I see Nick's face change, but Howie comes over to greet Ken.