Chapter 15

November 6, 1997 Orlando Florida
NICK'S POV
"God, that took too long." I groan, as we exit the studio. We had shot the video for All I Have To Give all freaking night. I promise you, we did give all we had today for the video.

"I know." Brian rubs his chest and winces. I glance at my friend. He's been doing that for months now.

"Frick you good?" I inspect his face. He looks tired.

"Yeah, just exhausted." he continues rubbing his chest. Something flashes back to me, something from four years ago.

"I don't usually tell this to many people but." Brian said. "But I had a little hole in my heart when I was around six."

"Really?" I was shocked. I couldn't help feeling a little special that Brian was sharing something so private with me, a little kid of thirteen. Brian seemed like such a strong person.

"Yeah, and they said I wouldn't survive, but I did." Brian smiles sadly.

"Well, of course, you're really strong." I grinned.

"Thanks Nick." Brian gave me a hug.

In that moment, I knew were were gonna be friends forever. Frick and Frack was born.

"Nick?" Brian frowns.

I blink.

"Uhh yeah?"

"Are you okay? You zoned out for a moment."

"Yeah, I'm fine." I focus on Brian. Could it be his heart that was causing him trouble? I didn't want to be nosy, but it could be dangerous for him.

"Hey so Brian." I asked, as we got into the car. "Your chest pains, could they be because of..."

Brian gets a scared look in his eyes. I quickly rush everything out.

"I mean, not to worry you or anything. That's probably not it." I stammer.

Brian shakes his head.

"No I went to a doctor yesterday. She just said I had to take it easy." he shrugs.

"Oh. Umm okay." We sit in silence until Brian pulls up to the apartment he and Kevin share. AJ and Howie are already there with Kevin.

"Finally!" Kevin stands up. "I can't handle AJ right now. His alter ego took over."

"What do you mean?" AJ asks, in a British sounding accent. Great. AJ was being Johnny No Name again. He had this weird flip side of himself. He would talk in a British accent and try to be some sort of wannabe performer.

"AJ, stop with the Johnny stuff please." Howie begs.

"It's Johnny not AJ." he said, in that ridiculous accent. I rolled my eyes.

"Moving on." I sit on the chair. "You guys hungry?"

"Yes, I would like some bangers and mash." AJ replies.

"Please, no more sex talk." Kevin groans. Brian laughs.

"No Kevin, for once AJ isn't talking about sex. In England, bangers means sausages I think."

"Both would be nice though." AJ scratches his chin. I wrinkle my nose.

"That killed my appetite." I remark, as Kevin hands me a plate of glorious food.

He scoffs.

"Nick? Losing his appetite?"

I grin. "Okay, true." I take the plate and start eating. Kevin rolls his eyes.