Chapter 12

February 26, 1997 Los Angeles, California
BRIAN'S POV
"How is he doing?" I step into Nick's hospital room with Leighanne and Howie. Kevin had called and told us that there had been an accident. Nick seemed to be recovered, but Lili was...well I don't know. Kevin was about to tell me over the phone, but he started crying, so I figured it was really bad.

"He's doing very well." Dr. Lewis looks up, smiling. A weak Nick turns on his side.

"Hey, Frick." he smiles.

"How ya doing Frack?" I push his hair from his face. Howie greets him as well.

"You gave us a big scare Nick." AJ squeezes Nick's hand. Kevin was in Lili's hospital room. He was the only one who could go in, since he was her guardian.

"Sorry." Nick sighs.

"What happened?" Leighanne puts a hand on Nick's shoulder. Nick's brows furrow.

"I'm not sure, the last thing I remember is Lili pushing me against the seat." Nick's blue eyes widen.

"Where's Lili?" he looks around. AJ sighs.

"She's in another hospital room." he answers, pulling on his shirt.

"Is she okay?" Nick's eyes are full of concern and worry.

"Hey careful, your blood pressure is going up." Dr. Lewis warns. But Nick ignores him.

"Is she alright? Is she hurt?" No one answers.

Nick grows frustrated. "Tell me!"

"Hey, calm down." Kevin enters. We all turn. His green eyes are puffy.

"Kevin." I give my cousin a hug. He greets all of us.

"How are you Nick?" he pats his head.

"I'm fine, but what about Lili? No ones telling me anything." Nick goes back against the pillow. Howie looks at AJ, who looks at me, and I look at Kevin, who has his head down.

"Lili's in a coma." Kevin confesses, covering his face with his hand. Goosebumps appear on my skin. Nick looks shocked.

"But will she wake up?" Leighanne asks, anxiously. For a moment, I forgot that she was her best friend. Kevin looks up.

"We don't know. The doctors say she has a ten percent chance. She isn't breathing on her own." Our eyes bulge at the seriousness. I look at Nick, who's eyes are shut tightly. One tear escapes from his left eye. I wipe it away.

"Don't cry Nick." I whisper, brushing away his tears with my thumb.

"I want to see her." Nick opens his eyes, which are watering. Dr. Lewis purses his lips.

"Very well. You may see her in a day. You have to rest."

Nick nods, and doesn't protest. He turns away, and closes his eyes. I look at Kevin. He nods, and we leave Nick's room.

February 27, 1997 Los Angeles, California
NICK'S POV
Kevin and Brian help me wobble to the hospital room where Lili is. AJ opens the door, and we step in. Howie is there, waiting. He and AJ step out, as only three people at a time are allowed.

I swallow as I look at Lili. She seems dead on the bed. Her eyes are closed. She's pale, and barely breathing. She's hooked up to so many machines. My heart breaks. I sit down on the chair next to her bed.

"Hey baby, I'm here." I kiss her motionless hand. I stroke her hair softly. Kevin and Brian sit on the other side of her. I start to choke up. I couldn't stand seeing like this. So lifeless. Her normally pink lips were white. She had no color at all. Brian and Kevin held her other hand. We sat in silence for a minute before Brian spoke up.