Chapter 26

July 13, 1999 Barcelona, Spain
LILI'S POV
Okay, when did Beanie Babies become so expensive? I swear four years ago they were a pretty good price. They're probably starting to be those types of toys that will be worth a lot twenty or ten years later I guess.

I knew Nick collected them, and he had been searching for the Princess Diana Bear ever since we were sixteen. Well, I finally found one.

But my wallet was abused in the process, but it's okay. I stepped back on the tour bus and greeted Leighanne and Kristin who were chatting away, as usual. I didn't talk to Leighanne as much as I used to. I didn't mind so much, I had gotten a lot closer to Britney, who was closer to my own age.

She was also on tour, and we often ran into each other. Nick and Howie were in the living room, Howie was sleeping and Nick was holding a soap bar in his hand.

Amused, I leaned back and watched. Howie's mouth was open, as that's how he always sleeps. Nick bent over him and grinned. He dropped the soap bar in his mouth. Howie woke up with a start and spit it out immediately. Nick started laughing like crazy. I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing.

"Nick!" Howie glared. Nick was too busy laughing to respond. In response,

Howie grabbed the soap bar and threw it at him. It hit him in the chest. I winced, that had to hurt.

"Owww!" Nick whined, and he rubbed the spot.

"That's what you get." Howie rolled his eyes. He got up and walked passed me to his room, where he could sleep in peace probably.

"Hey Lili." he waved, as he passed me. I gave a wave, because I was trying to hold in laughter. Nick turned around and saw me. As soon as we heard Howie's door close, we burst out laughing. I grabbed a cushion to mute the sound.

"Did you see his face?" Nick shook his head. I nodded. I could barely breathe.

After we recovered, I leaned back on the couch.

"Damn, you're not even gonna give me a kiss?" Nick pouted. I smile and gave him what he wanted. After I pull away, I remember the Beanie Baby in my bag.

"Oh look, I got this for you." I open my bag and pull out the Princess Diana Bear.

"I know you've been looking everywhere for this, so here you go." I put it in his hands. He looks down at it, shocked.

"How did you-" he began. I shrugged.

"A little hunt, but I got it."

"This must've cost so much, I'll pay you back, I promise." he looks up. I shook my head.

"No Nick, I got it for you. You don't have to pay me back or anything. Keep it."

He smiled. "You're the best, you know that right?"

I blush and look down. But Nick uses his index finger to make me look up at him. He leans in and kisses me for longer this time. I smile into the kiss.

NICK'S POV
I'm playing and admiring the Beanie Baby in excitement. I had been looking for so long. In total, there were 334 different Beanie Babies. I had 110 now, counting this one. I put it on my dresser in this bus for now. I grinned at it before leaving my room and closing the door.

I hoped Lili was off the phone by now. I wanted to be with her. At first I thought she was talking to Britney, as the two had become best friends. Huh. The Princess of Pop and the Princess of Hollywood. Seemed like a fairytale. But based on the conversation, it seemed...I have no idea.

She was talking about perfume, lotion, cherry blossoms. It was weird. I saw her, she was still on the phone.

"So, that's it right? Then it'll be in stores everywhere?" she asked. Then silence.