Chapter 22

April 22, 1999 Key West, Florida
LILI'S POV
"So what brings you to Key West?" I asked Britney, as we left the restaurant through the back door. Justin and Nick were arguing about video games.

Britney smiled. "Well, I've never been here and I heard it's pretty. And it is."

I nodded. "It's my first time here as well."

"So what brings you here?"

I look at Nick, who was explaining to Justin why Mario Kart is better.

"Well, I've been filming in Japan for about a year and a half, and I didn't see Nick the entire time. So, I flew here to meet him." I explained. Britney grinned. I look at her.

"What?"

She giggles. "You did it, huh?" My cheeks flush.

"Knew it." Britney laughed. I rolled my
eyes.

"When are you doing it with him?" I jerk a thumb toward Justin, who was busy trying to contradict Nick. Britney turned red.

"We're just friends." I scoff. Please. They both clearly like each other.

"Whatever you say Britney." I grin. She rolls her eyes.

"Anyways, how long will you be staying here?" she asked.

"We're leaving on April 27." I answered. She nodded.

"Us too. We just wanted a little getaway as friends." I laughed when she emphasized the word friends. We continued talking and exchanged phone numbers before Nick and I arrived back at the house.

"That was fun." I smiled. Nick nodded.

"Yeah, but Justin hates Mario Kart so I had to educate him."

I shook my head. I wasn't into playing video games that much. Well, I've never played them.

"So what do you want to do?" Nick asked. I shrugged. We had already gone for a walk at the beach. I turned around and saw a huge green ball.

"Why is there a big green ball in here?" I asked, confused. Nick tilted his head.

"Uhhh, I dunno." he walked toward it. "I think it's those type of workout balls."

"Workout balls?" I look at it. Nick nodded.

"You know, you can do sit ups on it, pushups, that type of thing." he tried doing a sit up on it, but fell.

"Owww." he groaned. I giggled.

"Oh shush. You try." he rolled the hall toward me.

"Ummm, I've never really worked out." I admit. Nick's eyes widened.

"Really?" he got off the floor. I nodded.

When I was younger, I was pretty much trapped in a room. And I managed to skip P.E to take advanced classes.

"Geez, how are you so skinny then?"

I laughed without humor. "Well I was forced to eat salad three times a day. With kale." I wrinkle my nose. Nick pretends to throw up.

"Come on, I'll show you how to use it." he offered. I shook my head.

"You fell off, remember?" I grinned.

Nick scoffed.

"Come on, please." he begged. Again, I shook my head no.

"Please?" he asked, pouting. He made big, sad blue eyes and his lip was quivering slightly. I sighed. That pout always got its desired effect.