Chapter 13

March 27, 1997 Tampa Florida
LILI'S POV
It's been two days since I left the hospital. Let me just say, I hate bed rest. It's so boring. I can't go to school right now, which means I'm nearly a month behind on work. Every time I try to get up and do my homework that Leighanne drops off everyday, Nick doesn't let me.

I'm not exactly happy that he's the one taking care of me. He claims that we were boyfriend and girlfriend before the accident. But when he leaves for photo shoots everyday, I do as much homework as I can, only to have him scolding me every time.

Honestly, he was extremely attractive, but I couldn't really see myself dating him. I hear the doorknob jiggling and I get up from my desk. I quickly jump into bed and go under the covers.

"Lili?" Nick comes in the room. I pretend I'm asleep, because I don't want to talk to him. He pulls off the covers. I lay with my eyes closed. He sighs. I hear him turn and walk to another part of my room. Crap. I left my notebook out.

"Yeah, I know you're not asleep." I open my eyes to see an angry Nick.

"I said to stop doing homework. You need to be resting." he scolds. When he turns his back on me, I rolled my eyes. He could get annoying sometimes. He picked up my notebooks and carried them out.

"Hey! What are you doing?" I got out of bed and followed him. He put them in a backpack, then the trunk of his car.

"Really Nick?" I sigh.

"Yes. Now back in bed."

I walk glumly back to my room and sit down on my bed.

"Are you hungry?" he pokes his head in the room. I shake my head.

"Have you eaten anything at all?" Nick asks. I nod. I ate an apple earlier.

Thankfully, that satisfies Nick.

"Hey, this might help with your memory." Nick sits down next to me on the bed. He hands me a book. It looks like some scrapbook. I flip through the pages. At first, it's only pictures of the other guys when they were younger.

The most recent ones had me in them. I squinted. I don't remember any of this.

"Look." Nick points to a specific picture. I look. Its dated January 1, 1996 at 12:00 am. We're kissing.

"I-I don't remember this." I stare hard at the picture. Nick sighs.

"Nothing at all? What do you remember from New Years last year?" Nick gazes at me intensely. I look away.

"I don't have any memory of New Years." I try thinking back, but it's fuzzy. I shake my head. Nick's face is covered with his hand.

"I'm sorry." I hand the book back to him. He takes it.

"What do you remember from the accident?" Nick holds my hand. I try to pull it back, but his grip is firm. I think back.

"Umm, I was in Los Angeles, I said bye to Leighanne, I got in a car and I remember pushing someone against the seat then feeling a pain in my head." I recall. "That's it."

"That was me. You pulled me against the seat." Nick pushes a strand of hair away from my eyes. "You saved my life." He starts to lean in. But I lean back. The hurt on his face almost makes me want to kiss him to make him feel better.

Almost.

But I can't. I don't have any feelings for him.

"Sorry." he goes back. I simply nod. We sit in silence for a few minutes. The tension is so thick, I doubt a knife could cut through it. After I can't stand the awkwardness, I turn to Nick.