Chapter 17

April 30, 1998 Nashville, Tennessee
KEVIN'S POV
I was sitting on my bed, reading, when I heard a scream. I dropped the book. Kristin and Leighanne were talking right next to me, so that left Howie, Nick, Brian, and AJ. We all gave each other terrified glances before running toward the guys. Howie held his finger.

"What happened?" I asked, worried.

"Nothing." Brian rolls his eyes. "Howie just screamed for no reason."

I sigh in relief.

"No reason?!" Howie protested. "Nick bit me!" I roll my eyes.

"Nick, why'd you bite Howie?" I look at Nick, sternly, who is eating a bag of chips.

"He tried to steal my chips." he stuffs them in his mouth.

"It wasn't even that bad Howie." AJ scoffs.

Howie held up his index finger. "I have Nick's teeth marks here! That hurt!"

Leighanne and Kristin shook their heads and retreated to the bunks. I don't blame them.

"Nick has a biting problem." Brian sighed.

"No kidding." Howie rubbed his finger.

"No I don't!" Nick said, defiantly. Even at eighteen, Nick still acted like a little kid.

"Yes you do, you weirdo." AJ rolls his eyes.

"You bit my leg three years ago and you bit AJ's head four years ago and you've bitten Brian a lot. It's a miracle we don't have rabies." I glare at Nick.

He shrugs.

"Save the biting for Lili okay?" AJ huffs. Nick throws a pillow and heads to his bunk and pulls out his game boy.

I loved Nick, but the instant we got home, I was taking him to get vaccinated.

I'm not kidding.

May 6, 1998 Tampa, Florida
NICK'S POV
We had quickly finished touring the U.S in time for Brian's surgery. After his surgery, he would get a month break, so I had a month to chill out at home. I was tempted to fly to Japan, but my family said no. I was eighteen dammit.

Well, on the outside. I sat down on my couch in the living room. BJ walked in. At sixteen, she had grown a lot taller. I figured she would be five feet and five inches when she was done growing.

"Hey Nick." she greeted me as she grabbed a banana. Aaron was away, touring apparently. He had released an album and I didn't even know. I'll admit, I was pissed that my mom took Aaron out of school to do an album and ten years old. Ten. He was way too young. I told her, and she said I was also really young when I got into the Backstreet Boys.

I hated that old argument. And she had him working with Lou. Even though she knew we were going to sue him. It scared me how money hungry my parents were.

"I said hi." BJ rolled her eyes and flicked my head.

"Oh, hi." I smile at my sister.

"How's the tour going?" she sat down on one of the chairs.

I nodded. "Good. I'll be home for a month while Brian recovers from the surgery in two days."

BJ sighs. "Poor Brian." I remember when we first started the group, BJ had a crush on Kevin. But she also liked Brian as well.

"So I'm stuck with you." I grin. "Miss me while I was gone?"

BJ shook her head. "Nope. You're annoying as hell."