Chapter 20

April 1, 1999 Tampa, Florida
KEVIN'S POV
It's been a while since Brian moved out.

I gotta admit, I miss him hanging around. He had been living with me for six years. But he was grown up, and needed his own space.

I sighed and looked at the photo of my dad and I when I was ten. I still missed him so much. But he was always with me.

A day before he died, he told me that he would watch over me. We were both huge nature lovers. Violets were our favorite flowers.

One time, a few years ago, I had been walking down the street in the middle of the night, and I caught a whiff of violets. I was mesmerized by it, so I followed it. After I had quickly crossed the empty street, a car zoomed by so quickly, if it had been one nano second later, I would be dead. That's when I knew he was watching over me, protecting me.

"I love you Dad." I whispered to the picture.

NICK'S POV
"Hi, this is Nick." I greeted.

"Nick? Hi." Lili said.

"Hey." I chuckle. "How are you?" 

"I'm okay, tired, but overall pretty good. I'm almost out of here so that's exciting."

I smiled. "Yeah. Twenty more days. I can't wait any longer. It's been a long year and four months."

"Tell me about it." Lili sighs. "Trust me, if you're ever in Tokyo lost, just call me. I can tell you where to go."

I laughed. "Well on the Millennium tour, if I get lost, I'll let you know."

"Oh!" Lili exclaimed. "Your new album! How's it going? I forgot all about that."

"It went well. We finished recording it. We're gonna release the first single on April 12."

"Ooh. What's it called?"

"I Want It That Way." I answered. "It was originally gonna be Larger than Life, but we changed our minds."

"I Want It That Way." Lili muses. "I like that name."

"Yeah." I grinned. "But to be honest, the song makes no sense."

Lili snorts. "Please. Most huge hits don't make sense."

"It's not a huge hit. We haven't even released it." I protested.

"Yet." Lili finished. I rolled my eyes.

"You know what I miss most about Florida?" she asks.

I think. "Me?"

Lili laughs. "Silly. Well yes, but I really miss the beach. There's some beaches in Tokyo, but it's not the same." That reminded me of the beach house thing.

"Oh, that actually reminded me of something." I quickly get up and look at the paper where I wrote it down.

"What?"

"So, when you come back, don't fly to Tampa."

I can basically see Lili raising her eyebrow. "Why?"

I blush a little. At least she can't see me. "Well, I kinda wanna take you somewhere first."

"Where? Like to Miami or something?"

I shook my head. "Not exactly. You said you really missed the beach so, what better place than Key West?"

"Key West? But isn't that really expensive?" Lili asks.

"Nah. I got a discount. Being a Backstreet Boy has its perks I guess." I shrug.

"Oh, Nick that would be wonderful." she sounds so happy.