Don't Watch The Lion King...Unless You Want to Cry!

Requested by TMNTsorce!

Summary: The 5-year-old turtles watch 'The Lion King' for the first time and learn a sad, little lesson about death...

*Throws tissues at you since I know this movie probably made y'all cry*

You're about to cry...sorry!

I always cry at this scene...!

~*~

The turtle tots were looking at the old shelf of movies in the lair. It was movie night. Every Friday, the turtles and Splinter would watch a movie on the couch cuddled up together.

So, that's what they were doing now. Splinter made popcorn while the turtles picked the movie. Mikey then found 'The Lion King' which they had never seen before.

"Daddy, we found a movie!" Leo called just as Splinter set the bowl of popcorn on the coffee table. Splinter smiled and grabbed the chosen tape.

When he saw what it was, he glanced at the turtles uncertainly. "Are you sure you want to see this one, my sons? It is a bit sad." Splinter wasn't sure if his boys were ready to see a certain scene in movie.

"But there's a baby lion on it daddy, it looks cute!" Donnie said happily as the other turtles chimed in agreeably. Splinter nodded and put it into the VHS player and sat down.

The turtles cuddled up on the couch with him cuddled up in blankets with popcorn, drinks, candy and plushies. Splinter held them close as they watched.

The turtles immediately awwed when they saw baby Simba. "He's so cute, daddy!" Raph giggled. "Yes, he is...it reminds me of you boys when you were that small." Splinter said.

"We weren't really that tiny, were we daddy?" Leo asked. "You were when you were babies, Leonardo." Splinter replied, patting Leo's head.

For a while, they watched in silence, smiling. The turtles growled a little at the scenes with Scar. They thought he was mean. Splinter internally growled. Scar reminded him all too well of a certain cruel man.

Soon, the scene came where Mufasa was trying to save Simba. Splinter knew the turtles were going to be upset by this scene. Who wouldn't?

The turtles gasped as they watched Mufasa fall to his death. "Oh no!" Mikey whimpered. "Poor Mufasa, that must have hurt, I hope he's okay!"

Splinter patted his son's head. Whether it was to comfort Mikey or himself, he didn't know. Then, the dreaded tear-jerking scene arrived.

The turtles watched in shock and dismay as young Simba desperately tried to wake up his father. But it didn't work. "He's dead...?" Leo whimpered, tears filling his eyes.

"Yes Leonardo..." Splinter replied. The turtle tots whimpered, tears falling down their cheeks as they broke into anguished sobs. "N-No...!"

Splinter turned off the tv before hugging his sons as tightly as he could. "P-Poor Simba, he l-lost his daddy...!" Raph wailed, sobbing.

Soon, the turtle tots were all crying, burying their faces in their daddy's chest. Splinter hugged them tightly, letting them cry. He felt tears in his eyes too. This scene was enough to make anyone cry.

"W-Why did Mufasa have to d-die daddy...?!" Leo sobbed. "Well my son...as they say in the movie, it is fur circle of life..." Splinter said softly.

The turtles whimpered. "Does everyone die, daddy? Like mommy and Miwa did...?" Mikey asked. Splinter nodded, blinking back tears

"Yes Michealangelo, no one lives forever, everyone dies at one point and time, it is...it is just the way things are." Splinter hated having to admit the harsh reality to his sons...

But he couldn't lie to them about this. "Daddy...?" Donnie whimpered, looking up. "Yes, Donatello...?" Splinter replied with a sad smile.

"Are you going to die...?" Donnie asked. The other turtle tots looked up at him nervously. "Yes, my sons...but not for a very long time..." Splinter admitted, hugging them tightly.

The turtles whimpered but felt calmed by their daddy's presence. They knew about death and heaven. Splinter hugged them tightly, finally letting the barriers break.

They were all crying. Sure the movie taught about the circle of life, but it was sad. Really sad. They all hugged each other tightly, crying.

After a while, they calmed down. The turtles were churring softly to calm each other down as Splinter made a calming, soothing vibrating noise.

The turtles all cuddled together. The turtles were still a little sad, but they had calmed down thanks to Splinter holding them close and stroking their heads.

"Never again..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey cheesecicles! I really hope you enjoy the sweet chapter! Aww, this movie always makes my cry! It's just so sad!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A/N: Hey cheesecicles! I really hope you enjoy the sweet chapter! Aww, this movie always makes my cry! It's just so sad!

~Kittymasterofall14
😘😍😊😂😇😺😸😻💖💋🐭🐢🍕