Swimming Can Be Fun

For ddsgdss3! I'm so sorry it's so late, hope you'll still check it out!

Summary: The turtles, Splinter and Karai venture to the farmhouse with April, Casey and Kirby for a relaxing summer day at the farmhouse, there's even a peaceful lake to swim at! One problem: Karai is scared to swim!

~*~

"Come on, let's go already!" Mikey cheered excitedly as he tightened his swim trunks. "Patience, Michaelangelo." Splinter chuckled. "I must make sure we have everything we need!" He smiled warmly.

Kirby had invited them all to the farmhouse to enjoy a nice summer day cooling off at the lake. It was only a mile away from the farmhouse. The turtles were excited. Splinter was likjmg forward to relaxing.

Karai, however, seemed a bit nervous. Something was bothering her, but she didn't want to let anyone know. Instead, she slipped on her bathing suit.

"Everyone ready?" Splinter asked. "Hai daddy!" All five responded as they headed out to the entrance of the lair, hearing the familiar 'party wagon' pull up to a stop.

"Hello!" Kirby greeted them with a smile. "Ready for some well-earned rest and relaxation?" Splinter smiled. "Definitely." April and Casey cheered from the backseat, am"For sure!" The turtles cchurred. Karai faked a smile, hiding her uncertainty.

They got into the van while Kirby drove them to the lake, which was in sight of the farmhouse. As soon as they arrived, the turtles, April and Casey ran to play in the water. Karai hesitated a little bit.

"Ah, ah!" Splinter stopped them. "You all need sunscreen first!" The kids groaned. "Daddy/Splinter!" Kirby chuckled. "Trust me, sunburn isn't worth it." The kids sighed and put on their sunblock.

Afterwards, they ran to play and Karai followed reluctantly. Splinter and Kirby sat in the shade, talking sipping cold lemonade while watching the kids play.

The turtles, April and Casey had a blast by having chicken fights in the water, splashing around, swimming and playing. Karai sat on the shore. "Karai, aren't you gonna come in too?" Mikey called.

Karai shook her head. "No thanks, I'm good over here!" She replied, faking a smile. They looked at her in confusion. "You sure?' Karai nodded, getting comfortable on land. The kids shrugged and kept playing.

It was then that Karai snuck away. She didn't want to be anywhere near the water. She hid behind a big rock. A few minutes later, Raph saw that she'd dissappeared.

"Hey, where's Karai?" He asked as they all looked around. "She was here a minute ago!" Casey hummed. They started looking around for her, a bit worried about her.

But they couldn't find their older sister/friend anywhere. When they couldn't find her, they ran to land. "Daddy! Karai is missing!" Donnie shouted in worry.

Splinter's eyes widened. "What?" He seemed anxious. Understandable, he'd already lost her twice before. Kirby frowned in worry. "Now, don't worry, she couldn't have gone far." He said calmly.

"Kirby's right, let's keep looking!" Leo decided as they all looked around. They split up to search. Splinter went with Raph, April and Mikey and Kirby led Casey, Donnie and Leo on a search around.

Kirby saw Karai hiding. "Hey kiddo, we've been looking everywhere for you! Hey everyone, I've found Karai!" He called as everyone immediately ran over to them.

"Karai!" They said in relief as Karai came out from her hiding place. Splinter thanked Kirby for locating her and immediately held Kara, hugging her close and protectively.

"What are you doing, hiding like this, my daughter?" He asked calmly. "Yeah, we were worried about you! Why are you hiding?" April asked in concern as Karai sighed.

"No reason..." She was nervous to tell them. They all frowned. "You can tell us..." Donnie wrapped an arm around her. Karai sighed. "I can't swim and I'm scared to do it..."

They all nodded in understanding. "Hey, that's okay though, everyone is scared of something..." Casey smiled. "Yeah, we don't mind and you were brave to tell us..." Leo cuddled her close to him gently.

Karai smiled a little. "I'm sorry for hiding and worrying you all..." Splinter held her. "We are just glad you are safe, my little one..." Kirby nodded in agreement quietly.

"How about we help you face your fear?" Mikey offered. "R-Really?" Karai asked. "Of course!" Raph smiled. They started trying to think of ways to help Karai with her fear.

"I think the first thing we need to do is teach you how to swim, that way you will feel comfortable being in the water." Splinter told her as Karai looked nervous.

"We'll all be there with you." April put an arm around here. "Of course we will!" Kirby added. "Yeah!" The turtles and Casey added. "We are all in this together." Splinter smiled warmly as Karai grinned. "Okay!"

She carefully stepped into the water. Leo and Splinter held her hands while the others stayed close by, giving her words of comfort and encouragement. Karai took some deep breaths to stay calm.

"With conquering aquaphobia, or any other fear, it's best to take it one step at a time." Kirby like up. "Keep breathing slow and steady, go slow and remember, it's alright to feel scared." He placed his hand  on karai's shoulder as she smiled up at him.

"Thanks..." She took as a few more steps. They all smiled and taught her how to swim, practice breathing under water and keep afloat. Within a few hours, Karai knew how to swim!

"You're doing great, sis! Just keep moving your arms and legs and keep breathing! If you get tired, lay on your back, take deep breaths and let the water hold you!" Miket coaxed as Karai did that, calmly.

Soon, she even felt comfortable in the water. She knew exactly what to do and felt safe with her family and friends around her. She even started to play with her brothers and friends! Splinter and Kirby smiled, watching proudly.

"Thanks for helping me, everyone!" Karai cheered. "It's no problem!" Casey added. "Yeah, we're glad you're not scared anymore!" Donnie added as they all smiled and spent the rest of the day in the water!

Swimming isn't so bad!

Especially when you have family and friends to support you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey Cheesecicles! I really hope you enjoy this cute chapter!

~Kittymasterofall14
😘🥰😇🤣😊😺😻😸💖💋❣🐭🐰🐢🦇🍕