Donnie's Heartbreak

Summary: Donnie finds out that April and Casey are in a relationship and is heartbroken. He also has a secret that he's been hiding because he was nervous to tell his family, but this heartbreak has made it even harder for Donnie to tell them. Luckily, Donnie gets a bit of advice and comforting from his father!

~*~

Donnie walked into the lair with a sigh as he was holding back tears. He had just found out April and Casey were together. Donnie was heartbroken. He had a crush on April the moment he saw her, and knowing that she was now taken by Casey shattered his heart and soul into a million pieces. 

Donnie was bisexual, but no one knew. He had been planning on telling his family, but never got around to do it because he was too nervous and scared about how they would react. This just made it even worse. Donnie didn't know what to do, he just felt so horrible, like his heart was being ripped form his shell and torn to pieces. 

He wanted to tell his family, but right now he was just in too much pain to do so. The way he found out had been even more heartbreaking. Donnie had been topside and was heading over to April's house to talk to her. When he got there, he found April and Casey making out on the couch. Donnie's heart instantly shattered.

It wasn't like he and April were even in a relationship to begin with, but Donnie still liked her a lot and wanted to tell her how he felt. The trouble was, Donnie also, in a way, had feelings for Casey. That's how he knew he was bisexual. 

Donnie stood in the lair with tears threatening to poor from his eyes. Splinter has walked in. He sensed something was off. "Donatello? Are you alright, my son?" He asked, sitting beside Donnie who was sitting on the couch. "I...I'm fine..." Donnie lied.

"Please do not lie..." Splinter murmured. Donnie sighed to himself. "I...I just found out April is in a relationship with Casey..." Donnie whispered, finally letting his tears fall. Splinter wrapped his arms around his son, his ears drooping slightly. "I am sorry to hear that, I know how much you liked her..." Donnie just buried his face in his father's cranberry-red kimono and cried. 

"I...I was going to tell her I liked her, daddy...!" Donnie sobbed. "W-What if no one loves me...?" Splinter hugged Donnie tightly, purring softly to calm him down. "Oh Donatello, I love you, your brothers love you, so much..." He whispered softly. 

Donnie just cried, letting out all his pain. Splinter just held him, purring lightly as he rocked his son gently in his arms. Once Donnie calmed down, he leaned against his father. He wanted to tell him his secret, but he was nervous. Splinter could tell and rubbed his son's head lightly. 

"Is there something else you wish to talk about, my son?" He asked softly. Donnie nodded a bit shyly. "Promise you won't be mad, daddy...?" Donnie asked. Splinter nodded. "I promise..." He whispered. Splinter wrapped his arms around his son. Donnie took a deep breath. 

"I'm bisexual..." Donnie mumbled. Splinter immediately hugged his son. "I accept you, Donatello.... I will always accept you no matter what..." Donnie smiled a bit and hugged his father back. "thank you daddy...." He whispered with a sigh of relief. 

"Daddy...?" Donnie asked a moment later. "Yes, my son?" Donnie looked up at his father. "Is it weird that I...kind of had feelings for April and Casey?" Splinter shook his head. "Of course not..." Donnie smiled a little, feeling better about things. It still hurt a little though.

"You never experienced this sort of thing, right?" Donnie asked. Splinter's smile faded. There was Donnie's answer. "yes, in a way, I did..." Donnie tilted his head to the side. "A different kind of heartbreak..."

Donnie frowned and looked down. "The death of a significant other is just as painful as finding out they love another..." Donnie nodded, knowing he was talking about Tang Shen.

"I'm sorry..." Donnie nuzzled his father. "It is in the past now..." Splinter smiled sadly. "And you know what I always say?"

Donnie shook his head. "When I miss the loved ones of the past, I think about the family and I have in the present." Splinter said wisely.

Donnie grinned a gap-toothed grin. "You're right...thanks daddy..." He hugged Splinter. "You are welcome, my son..."

"Glad I could help..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey cheesecicles! I really hope you enjoy the sweet chapter! Aww, poor Donnie! Good thing he has a father like Splinter!

~Kittymasterofall14
😘😍😊😂😇😸😸😻💖💋🐭🐢🍕