28: Skeleton

After my spell of protection to the province, more spells have been cast. The time is not the same here anymore... one of the consequences of a spell that made the province disappear from the map. No one can leave nor come inside unless Jisoo is told about it; she is the only one that can leave people in and out as she cast the spell. 
My understanding of it is that time here is a bit off by seconds. There is no day or night, we are all under eternal dusk. Watches and clocks do not work here, the hands are not moving as they should, the minute and hour hands move in different directions and speeds. 

I have lost the notion of time a long time ago. Because of that, I don't know for sure how long I have been pregnant, all I know is that I already have a huge baby bump. 

The silence that once rained in the Purple Province was long gone as everyone was shouting spells. Many spells were way too powerful so when things went wrong, something was destroyed into pieces making a loud noise, and then it was repair... again, making more noise.

JB has brought the best elf warriors to teach everyone how to use magic weapons. Even Jin was out there teaching them how to fight in case their wands were thrown away by the enemy. 

I sat down on the floor under the shadow of a tree at a safe distance to watch Jin train warriors. Even if I can't fight physically, that does not mean I will just stand there doing nothing as everyone fights to get our freedom back.

I move the pillow on my back around before I continue to read. I feel Jin's gaze over me every now and then but I keep myself busy learning the spells. I have tried many of them... some did not end up well and one I blacked out with but it's okay! I will not give up.

 I get startled when someone kisses the top of my head. I look up, I lock eyes with Jin right away. He lifts me in bridal style before he walks back home. 

"Wait... do we have to go home? I wanna walk," I say pouting already knowing that he can't say no to me.

He sighs. "Okay, but when you get tired I'm taking you back."

I smile as soon as my feet are on the floor. Jin takes my hand as I start walking towards the forest. He matches my pace and does not say anything as it is not necessary.

The forest is the reason why this place is called "Purple Province" the forest and all the fauna around is purple instead of green like in the entire earth 2.4 to 3.5 billion years ago. For some weird reason, the levels of oxygen in this area remained the same throughout history and were not affected by the great oxygenation event.
Legends say that this place is where an early modern human gave birth to a human baby who in their first seconds of life, became a magic being because of the environment. Everyone born here no matters their supernatural state becomes a magic being... it is weird.

I continued walking silently deeper into the forest. My heart started to race in my chest for some reason as I stopped walking just to walk.

"What is wrong?" Jin asked me softly. 

I ignored his question. Something is telling me to go deeper... the magic forest might be messing with me but I'll listen. 

As I walk with "a purpose" I groan in pain as my baby kicks me. Jin quickly cups my belly with his big hands before he starts rubbing to calm down our baby. I take a deep breath as the pain quickly disappears. 

There is something bothering me and I don't like this feeling...

I know what to do. I quickly open my purse to let out Digaco, and Bastet. Just as I thought, Digaco and Bastet look at each other before they start to walk in the direction I was.

I follow them dragging Jin with me after them. "There is something..." I say loud enough for him to hear. 

We all walk to a lake. Bastet meows as she looks down to the clear-crystal water. I look into the lake as well.

My heart skips a beat when I see a skeleton in the deepest part of the ocean.

I carefully kneel down on the floor to get closer to the lake. Jin stands behind me with his arms around me in case I fall or something.

Unconsciously, a tear rolls down my cheek. I feel as if I just lost someone but I don't know who... I know JB and Jin are here, safe. I don't who could that be.

I have no one left yet I feel as if I know the person that know rests there.

"We have to tell the others," I mutter under my breath.

Jin takes me in his arms before he speed-walks to tell the others about the skeleton.