4: Council of elders

I hold a little kitten in my hands. Digaco rests on my lap as I play with the little kitten.

I can't help but smile as I remember when Digaco was this little...

He was the most outstanding cat out of the litter of kittens. When I saw Digaco, I knew he was the one I was going to choose to be my partner. He was the only red Persian kitten, the rest of the litter were black and cream. Digaco chose me as well... as soon as he saw me coming in, he walked to me and never left my side.

This kitten is a blue Persian. She seems so calm in my hand

"She seems to like you," Belladone says smiling.

I chuckle. "You think so? This kitten is so calm."

She laughs. "Trust me, she has never been this calm before." I look at her with wide eyes.

"Aw! You know what that means!" Flora says excitedly.

I frown. "She has chosen me...?"

"Yes!" They both say at the same time.

"Let Digaco meet her!" Belladone suggests.

I put the kitten down on the floor right next to Digaco. Digaco looks at the kitten for a couple of seconds before he starts to lick her, accepting her.

"What are you going to name her?!" Flora asks squealing.

I look at the pair friendly interact as I think. "I... Bastet."

They both nod in approval.

"Is Amanda around here?" I hear an old lady's voice call.

I take Bastet in my arms and Digaco gets ready to follow me. I get out of the house to meet the lady.

"Yes, ma'am."

Her eyes soften. "The council of elders is requesting your presence."

A shiver runs down my spine. I nod.

We both start walking into the woods. I take a deep breath to control my nerves.

I already know what they want to talk about.

It only takes us a couple of minutes to arrive where the council holds their meetings... they always come to the middle of the forest where chairs made out of wood have been put in a circle. There's a chair for every member.

I notice that all of them are already there but the lady I'm following. I walk directly to the middle not knowing what to expect.

"Amanda Solo..." One of them says in low voice but not in an intimidating one. He's the oldest one. "You have found your mate?" He says a bit confused.

"Yes, sir."

All of them look at each other confused.

It is weird for us to have a mate. Well... it has never happened before as long as the registers say. Vampires, werewolves, elves, and many more creatures prefer to not get close to us so we never know. Only fairies are the ones that normally interact with us.

We hide from the others to survive.

"Who is he?" The same lady that I followed here asks tilting her head.

"King Kim SeokJin..."

I hear some of them gasp as they hear his name. It even surprised me how calmy I said it... but in a way, I knew Jin from before. I know he's not usually scary but can get if provoked.

"The bond needs to be broken..." one of them mutters.

Those words... why were there so painful for me to hear?

"No... that is heartless..." a lady defends. "If this has happened... maybe the Moon Goddess has plans."

"And I'm worried about those plans. Do you know how hard it is to survive already? We don't need werewolves sticking their noses where they don't care."

I hug Bastet a bit tighter as I'm feeling scared...

This is not my silly game anymore... this is a major issue.

After what felt like an eternity, they all come into an agreement after arguing so much.

"Amanda Solo... you shall go to the outside world to meet your mate..."

"But you must never return... ever again."

My eyes water but I blink fast to make my tears go away. I look down accepting their decision. It is the best after all... I don't want the werewolves learning about this place. Even if Jin is my mate, if they know that we are still alive, many packs might come here to destroy us.

I turn around to leave but a voice stops me.

"Amanda..." I turn around. "Good luck... be happy."

I smile at these sweet words. "I will..."

Before I go, I will take some things with me.

I walk back to the town that looks deserted. I let my feet take me where I need to go without thinking much.

A melancholic feeling feels me inside from head to toes as I stand in front of the place where I grew up. With shaky hands, I turn the knob around to go in.

The place looks like nothing has happened but flashbacks of many decades ago run in my head making me shiver one again. I harshly gulp down as I spot a family portrait hanging on the wall.

I walk closer to it slowly as I analyze the faces of all the people in the portrait. A single tear goes down my cheek as I scan their smiles...

Mother, father, older sister, and me...

All of them dead, except me... I still wish it was all the way around. Things would be way better.

I take the portrait off the wall and I put it in my purse. Appearances can be deceiving; my bag is a perfect example of it.

It looks small from the outside but when I open it, I have all the space of the world because it has infinite space...

I put the portrait in without any problems. After that, I live the house without looking back just like I did over one century ago.

As I make my way out, a voice stops me.

"Amanda..." an old, male voice calls me. "Take this with you," he says handing me a sword.

But not any common sword...

I look at him with widened eyes, feeling my legs shaking a little bit.

I throw it as far as I can into my bag as I want it to disappear forever.

I know why he gave it to me...

It is now my responsibility to protect this purse with my own life...