3: Run

I lean closer to him. He doesn't move an inch making things easier for me.

I kiss his nose catching him off guard. I did it so he doesn't get that mad. He relaxes after that.

I smile at him before I jump to another tree branch. I turn to look back as I move from tree in tree.  

He stands frozen on the same tree branch, holding to the pine not knowing what is going on. 

I shake my head smiling before I look forward again. As much as I would love to stay, I have to go.

I'm sorry Jin.

I don't know this territory at all but I couldn't care less, I'm homeless after all... an errant girl. I only have a black fanny pack purse across my chest where I have everything I need. 

I don't even know why I agreed to come with him in the first place... I guess I followed my heart for once... see where that has gotten me.

I turn to look back to see how close he is. My eyes widened and I suppressed a gasp when I see him almost on the same tree as me.

I have to stop playing games...

I open my purse. I look into the principal bag as I jump from tree to tree praying that I don't fall. I look through all the things I have in it with shaky hands. 

Where is it?

"Aha!" I cheer as I finally find what I need.

I speed up making sure he's far enough from me. After a minute, we have two pines of distance which is enough. 

I take some powder out of the little bag and throw it to the branch I'm standing. Smoke surrounds me. I see the place drastically change.

I'm not in the forest anymore nor in Jin's territory. I'm far away now.

Even if I'm homeless, right now I'm in the place I sometimes call home. A place all us of call home most of the time if not all the time for some...

The Purple Province, a place only our species has access to unless one of us let other creatures in... if that happens...

I shake my head not wanting to think about it.

"Amanda Solo!" I hear a cheerful female voice call.

I smile as the familiarity of everything engulfs me. "Flora Chastity," I say smiling.

I look down as I feel a creature covered with long, fluffy fur caress my bare legs. I squat down to hold my cat in my arms.

"Digaco," I softly call as I stand up with my cat in my arms.  

He purrs as my body heat engulfs him in the cold night...

"I wasn't expecting you to come back so early," Flora says smiling.

I heavily sigh. "You know... it was a bad idea to get out without my enchanted necklace..." 

She frowns.  "What do you mean? Does that necklace even worked in the first place?"

I sat on the sofa. "It did... I found my mate and I had to run out of there after his beta asked me what creature I was."

Her eyes widened, fear is written all over her face. "You didn't-"

I shake my head. She visibly relaxes.

"I used these fairy powders you got me to teleport instead of my magic."

She sighs relieved. "Okay... good!" she chuckles. "You know... I'm scared of asking who your mate is. I'm just glad you made it out safely."

"Of course... I wouldn't put in risk any of us."

I take a moment to look at the place I left a while ago.

Everything is just like I remember in this place. There's the circle with spells inside where I appeared. A set of sofas is on the back of the room... the same set of sofas I remember. There's the kitchen, basically unused. A huge cauldron is on the other side of the room from the sofas with many drawers close to it.

Many cats walk around the room and place in general, each one of them waiting for its owner's call.

"How are things going here?" I ask looking into space.

Flora starts to play with her hair. "Like always... people coming in and out or just... not returning. None of us have died in three centuries now, but we haven't had any new members so the numbers are the same..." I suddenly laugh. Florida looks at me smiling.

"Why no one dates here?"

She shrugs. "I don't know... it kind of should be our priority if we want to continue existing..." Her eyes widened. "Actually... there is a couple of people dating."

We turn to the entrance of the room as we hear someone running. "Flora! Flora! Guess what!!!" A woman comes into the room running.

She stops in her tracks as she sees me. I smile.

"Amanda Solo... you are here! Oh my god! Just at the right time!" 

"Belladonna Watcher... it's been a while." I stand to hug her.

"Anyway, Belladonna. What is so important?" Flora asks tilting her head.

"My cat had kittens!" She says squealing.

I snort. Kittens are the only thing being born here...

"I want to see the cuties," I say as I walk out of the place with Digaco in my arms.