12: Vampires

She doesn't hug him as I thought. She stands a couple of meters away from him...

"Miyoung!" A man coming out of the castle screams with a smile on his face.

Miyoung...

The queen?! Oh god...

She runs back to the man... Jimin?

Jin walks to me. He snakes his arm around my waist. I relax. I look at him. My eyes widened as I noticed the smirk on his face.

"Why are you smirking?" I ask in a whisper.

"I felt a strong emotion in you... hmm, jealousy? Now you know what I felt."

I pouted.

The vampire couple walks towards us in the same position we are. Jimin's grip is steady on Miyoung's waist.

She looks at me tilting her head but smiling. "Are you his mate?" She asks delightedly.

I blushed. "Yes..."

She looked at me closely. Her face transformed from a happy face to one full of confusion.

"I have seen you before..." she muttered. "Pepper Solo!" She screams like a fangirl making me startled.

I awkwardly smile. "I go by Amanda. Hello!"

She grinned again. "Wait! Hold up!" She smacked Jin making me flinch. "You didn't tell me you had a mate!"

I awkwardly laughed. "He didn't find me until a couple of days ago..."

She turned to look at me confused as hell. "What do you mean...? You guys acted together in a movie..."

Jin shrug. "Don't look at me! She is the one-" he said pointing at me but I cut him off but slapping his finger down. Jin sighs. "Anyway! I'm here for business." He scratched his neck as he spoke.

Jimin frowned. "Okay... let's go inside."

Miyoung looked worried out of nowhere. "What is going on...?" She asked herself.

We all went inside the castle. We followed them to the living room as we are classified as 'friends.'

Jimin sat down and the Miyoung out of habit sat down over his lap.

Jin pulled me to his lap and I didn't complain. I was enough problems for him already.

I smile. "The fairies are behind me..."

Their jaws dropped down. "Fairies?!" Jimin said angrily. He narrowed his eyes as he looked into space. "I hate them."

"But why are they behind you?" Miyoung asked tilting her head.

"I have something they want..." I trailed off.

"Count on us!" Jimin said quickly. "I would do anything that could harm the fairies."

Why do they hate them so much? What am I missing...?

After a short talk, Jin and I walk out of the castle as we are on the run. We can't stay with them... I suppose the fairies will come here eventually even though apparently vampires and fairies hate each other...

I'll have to investigate that.

We get back into the car. I feel weird as we are not running through the forest like how I would have done... it is way more comfortable this way but I don't feel so safe...

The vampires are very secretive with their history... if I want to know what happened, it won't be so easy.

I have an advantage though, I'm a witch. I'm trapped inside this madness...

I look back to find Rogebd sleeping with the cats... cuddling each other.

"Where are we going...?" I ask softly, kind of not expecting an answer.

"We are going to the beach," Jin says smiling.

My eyes widen. "To the beach...?"

"Yes! I have a house there in the middle of nowhere."

I look at him for a couple of seconds before I close my eyes.

I need to have a plan... I can't just go around with the king of werewolves himself... we'll have to part ways at some point...

It will be sooner than later.

I just hope things get resolved without any wizard or witch having to intervene other than me.

They have not been surviving all these years just for one of us to let the secret out.

I take a deep breath before I take my necklace out of my purse.

There's a reason why I concealed everything from me to the world strong enough to even hide from my mate.

"You wanna know why you couldn't sense me before?" I ask Jin as I look down at my legs.

I can feel his anxiety as soon as my words sink in his brain.

"I never thought you would explain..." he trailed off as he was ready to listen.

"As a guardian, we have a stronger aura than the rest. Only one spell can conceal us but the spell is way too strong... it conceals me from absolutely everything, even my mate."

We looked at each other for a few fleeting seconds before his sight goes back to the street again.

I sigh. "My spell is gone for now... that is how you found me. I decided to go into some pack to be safer as I know werewolves can't recognize magic. The second rain of the entire season is key for me... the first one is in which I go to the elf realm to get supplements and the second one is in which I make my spell."

Jin chuckles. "Sounds complicated."

Rogebd smacks Jin on the head out of nowhere. I look at her with wide eyes.

Jin groans. "What was that for?!"

Rogebd narrows her eyes. "You are laughing at my mistress unsafety?!"

Jin heavily sighs. "No!"

They continue to discuss for what seems like hours...

This is a mess.