6: Habits

I woke up as the first ray of sunlight passed through the clouds. Out of instinct, I immediately tried to get up to get going but two strong arms held me in place.

I forgot that I'm here now...

It feels weird to wake up under a ceiling and with four walls around me. I usually wake up under a tree with leaves over me to hide as I sleep or just with my leg tied to the tree and me being upside down.

Jin groans. He turns to look out the window. He frowns as he notices that the sun is not out just yet.

"Why are you awake already?" He asks with a raspy voice.

"Habit," I say in a whisper.

Jin buries his head in the crook of my neck. He takes a deep breath letting my scent fill his nose. 

My cats are still sleeping peacefully as there is not any danger for us. 

Jin goes back to sleep while I stay awake. I take a chance to look at the room.

The bedsheets are cream-colored. The nightstands are made out of carved wood, they look like they were made centuries ago. There are two doors in front of the bed.
The room is simple... just like Jin?

"Go to sleep," Jin says whining.

"No, you."

I let go of Digaco as I know this man will start to move around.

Jin sits up on the bed. In a quick move, he pulls to aside where he was laying down. He hovers over me all dominant.

All this feels like a movie scene...

"Explain something to me," he says over my lips. "We met a century before... how is that I didn't claim you back then?"

I look out the window but Jim grabs my chin making me face him.

I sight. "Magic."

He frowns. "Magic...? Fairy magic?"

I shrug as I'm not going to say more. "It was to protect me back then."

His thumb starts to brush over my cheek. "Protect from what?"

"Everything and nothing at the same time," I truthfully say making him more confused.

He chuckles. "Why do you talk like that?"

I sigh. "Trust me, I'm very straightforward but all this information you want is dangerous..."

"I can protect myself."

I snort. "Not dangerous for you. Dangerous for them."

I quickly turn around to lay on my tummy ending this conversation. I groan when he lays over me.

Why didn't I see this coming?

He chuckles. "I just realized that you fall asleep with the same clothes you have been wearing."

"What about it? You did too."

He chuckles again. "But I have pajamas. Do you have more clothes?"

"I do."

I have an entire wardrobe in my purse.

"Where? I don't think you can fit any clothes in that little bag you have."

As if you knew. Fool.

I take a deep breath once he gets off me.

"Thank God," I mumble.

Before I relax again, Jin turns me around making me lay on my back. He then lays down over me but this time most of his weight is over the mattress. His head rests over my chest with his ear directly over my heart. His locks softly fall over my collarbone.

I tangle my fingers in his soft locks. I start to play with his hair as he relaxes.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

I wake up once again on my own. I slept a couple of hours...

I can't just stay sleeping all day even if I wanted to...

My habits are not letting me.

I'm used to walking all day. Running through the forest and hunting for my food. Things have never been easy for me. Sleeping all day has never been an option as I have to be constantly moving from spot to spot.

I silently sigh closing my eyes giving up with myself.

I bite my lip suppressing my laughter when I feel Bastet's paw softly over my nose.

I open my eyes. I make eye contact with my kitty.

I take her in my hands. I start to gently squish her little head. She starts to purr appreciating my affection.

"Hmm. What about me?"

Here he is, back at it again.

I turn to look at him. "Don't you have things to do?"

"Yeah. I have to cuddle with you." I snort

"I thought a king would always be busy as hell," I mumble.

"Nah. All the alphas from the packs do the job while I only get the finished product." 

I start to laugh.  "My life has been a lie."

"Mine as well."

I stop laughing. A tense atmosphere sets in making me uncomfortable.

He's mad because I used magic to hide from the world... okay, I get it.  

This big baby needs cuddles to stop being grumpy.

I kiss the top of Bastet's head before I let her down on the floor so she can move around. Digaco continues in his position unbothered.

I flip both of us so I can straddle Jin.

"How do I make it up for you?" 

He smirks.