20. Kissing and Crying

RAM'S POV:

There was something different in her tone while speaking. But I chose not to probe further. She might think that I am clingy. So I decided to ask her later. After that, I called my three best friends. Since Pranavi is in her third trimester, Pranav decided to stay home. Arjun, Adi, and I planned to go out. We decided to meet at the basketball court.

We played till our clothes got drenched in sweat.

"Dude, it's been ages since we have played basketball like this," said Adi while panting.

"Agreed. We are becoming lazy day by day," I added.

"Or you are becoming smitten by Tamara day by day," teased Adi.

I tried to cover up by saying something, but nothing came to my mind. That, in turn, gave them some more boost to tease me. I am missing Pranav right now. If he is here, he would be the one receiving teasing from us.

"Okay, enough with your teasing. Shall we eat something? I just had a sandwich and a cup of coffee in the morning," I said.

"I know a nice restaurant nearby. I went there with a dear friend last time. You should try the biryani there. It was amazing," said Arjun.

"Oh, is it! Can we know the name of the dearest friend of yours?" I asked him.

"It is Anupama. No, no, it is Anupam," he stuttered. Now it's my turn to tease him.

"Oh, who is this Anupam guy. Does he have long hair and dimple cheeks?" shock was written all over his face. Adi is looking at us, confused.

"How did you know?" asked Arjun.

"It seems that she is Tara's roommate's friend. When we were going through her social media, I came across your picture," I said.

"From when did you start to hide things from us?" asked Adi.

"Nothing serious, bro. We both work in the same office. We are just friends."

"Yeah, friends. Everyone says the same," said Adi. I gave hi-fi to Adi. It is so much fun to tease Arjun. He is behaving like a teenager.

"Okay, enough. Are you not feeling hungry now, Ram?" asked Arjun.

I suppressed my chuckle and said, "yeah. I forgot about my hunger while talking about the restaurant. Let's go."

We passed the remaining day by teasing Arjun most of the time and playing different games. It was a productive day. We parted our ways around 6. While driving back, so many thoughts surrounded my mind.

Even though I enjoyed the whole day, there was a small part of me that missed Tara. Especially when we went to the thick shakes factory. What I don't understand is why does she hide things from people. But what I learned today has made me like her even more. When I looked into the rear mirror, a proud small smile was playing on my lips. When I was near the supermarket, I received a call from Tara. Even though I wanted to talk with her longer, I cannot due to the traffic. I told her that I would call her after reaching my apartment. With the newfound excitement, I reached my apartment within a flash.

I was pleasantly surprised when Tara showed up in front of my door. I didn't expect her to be here at this hour, that to be looking thoroughly tired. There must be some strong reason behind this.

Is she missing me the same way I am missing her?. I thought of teasing her for some time. But my mind is already clouded with her thoughts. I was barely controlling my urge to hug her and kiss her. So without further delay, I snaked my hands around her waist and whispered that I missed her too, and kissed her near the lips.

But imagine my surprise when she turned her head and kissed me hard on the lips. Pleasure swept throughout my body. When I was engrossed in the kiss, I felt some wetness in my hands. To say that I was worried would be an understatement. What happened to her suddenly.

"What happened, Tara. Why are you crying?" I asked her.

Instead of replying, she kept on crying more. What to do with this girl. I carried her towards the couch and made her sit on my lap. She clutched my shirt and wept. My heart is breaking with each passing moment. I started uttering some words to cool her down. She slipped into slumber.

A slight pain aroused in my heart, seeing her tear-stricken face. In these past few months, I observed that even though she acts rough and tough outside, there is a vulnerable child inside. I hope that she will trust me enough to share her worries with me. Suddenly my train of thought got interrupted due to the doorbell. Who is here at this hour? I kissed Tara's forehead and placed her head carefully on the cushion.

It was a food delivery guy. I don't remember ordering anything, so I got confused for a minute.

"Sir. Is this Tamara Madam's house?" he asked. Oh! she must have ordered the food.

"Yeah. This is her fiancé. I will take the parcel," I said.

"Okay, sir. Please don't forget to give me a five-star rating, sir," he said with a tired face.

"Sure. Thank you," I said while closing the door. The food is from one of my favorite restaurants. My stomach growled at the aroma. I placed the food in the kitchen and opened the parcel: chicken curry, roti, biryani, and rasmalai. Wow, now I am feeling hungry after seeing all these.

Should I wake her up or not. She will kill me if I eat all these without her. After all, these are her favorite dishes. I went to the couch and called her. No response. I patted softly on her shoulder. She stirred slightly in her sleep. This time I shook her with some force. She opened her eyes and mumbled something and closed her eyes again. I know how to wake her up. I brought the rasmalai from the kitchen and started eating it.

"Wah. It is the best rasmalai that I ate to date," I moaned while eating. This time she opened her eyes fully. Yay! Finally, my plan worked. She sat in front of me with her mouth open and slightly closed eyes.

"Wake up, sleepyhead. Dessert should be eaten after the main course," I said while closing her mouth with my hand. She made a pout with her cute mouth. I kissed her pout and hurried into the kitchen. Now, she would be awake fully.

After eating our dinner, we both settled on the couch to watch a movie. More than the movie, I was watching her. I snaked my arms around her torso and snuggled more.

"Care to explain the earlier outburst?" I asked her. She didn't show any surprise. In fact, she seems like she is waiting for that question.

"I truly wanted to share everything with you. But I don't have enough guts. I think I need some more time. Can you please wait till then? I promise that I will tell you that before our marriage. It is your choice to do anything after that," she said while lowering her head.

I put my fingers under her chin and lifted it. I looked straight into her teary-eyed face.

"Remember this, Tara. I said this earlier also. I don't care about your past. All I want is you in my present and future. If it is anything related to your past, don't think too much about it. If something is bothering you in the present, please don't hold it back. It is paining me both physically and mentally to see you like this. Please trust me, Tara," I said sincerely. I don't know what else to say. I hope that she listens to my ranting.

"I know, Ram. I will tell you everything. It is not my lack of trust that is stopping me. It is my lack of courage that is stopping me. Please bear with me, Ram," she said while placing her head on my shoulder.

Thank you so much for reading.

Please vote, share and comment.