14. Birthday Surprise

RAM'S POV:

Guess what, guys, tomorrow is my birthday, and I am eagerly waiting for it. I know that my idiotic friends will plan something for me the same as in previous years. But I am waiting for the surprise from that one person, who is constantly there in my mind and heart. It is already 11.50 at night. I know that those idiots would be lurking around my apartment with cake. I hope they bought a chocolate flavored cake. I developed a liking for sweets because of Tara. My doorbell rang. It is time to get some cake and birthday bumps, more like beatings, the part I hate the most on my birthday and the part I enjoy the most on others Birthdays. But I can't escape those, can I?

I opened the door with anxiety and excitement. There stood Adi, Arjun, Pranav, and Raghu. Raghu is my closest friend in my workplace. But there is no sign of Tara. I felt disappointed, but I don't want to show it to my friends. I don't even know whether Tara knows my birthday or not. I never mentioned my birthday to her. But I know her birthday. I did my primary research to know about her. While I was thinking all those, a strong punch landed on my stomach.

"Happy birthday, dude," Adi shouted exactly at 12'o clock, checking on his phone. More and more punches and kicks landed on me. Arjun is beating me like his life depends on it. I can't blame him. I did the same thing on his birthday. Raghu is silently watching the scene while these three monsters are beating me. I turned to him with my pleading eyes to stop them.

Raghu tried to stop them by saying, "Okay, guys. Enough of the beating, he needs to come to the office tomorrow, leave him." They slowed down after that, and Arjun gave me one last kick before stopping.

"Don't forget that your birthdays would also come, and I will take my revenge at that time," I announced. Those three raised their fists again to beat me. Sh*t, I said the wrong thing at the wrong timing.

"Don't forget that your birthday is not over yet. In fact, it just started. We can beat you anytime today," they warned me together.

"Okay, shall we cut the cake now," here comes my savior Raghu again. I should give him a grand party tomorrow for saving me now. They all nodded their heads and set the table, and put the cake on top of it. It is a chocolate cake. Yay! That's why I love them. They know me too well. After the cake cutting, they all left for their respective homes.

Here I am, sitting on the couch and replying to the people who wished me. There is not even a text message from her. Is it too much to expect at least a simple wish from her? On top of that, I saw a birthday post from her on social media, wishing her friend at 12'o clock. I am feeling so much hurt right now, just for a small birthday wish from her. Heck, Usually I don't even celebrate my birthdays. It would be only my friends and my family who wishes me. This time, I got excited because I wanted to know what she will do for me. But nothing happened. It's not her fault, though, because I never mentioned my birthday to her. How can she know about it?

The doorbell rang again. What did those idiots forget this time? I opened the door while wincing in pain. There she is, balancing cake and duffle bag in her hands. My happiness felt no bounds at that time. I just stood there staring at her.

TAMARA'S POV:

God! why am I here. Tomorrow is Ram's birthday, and I planned to go with Pranav to Ram's apartment. But there is a last-minute drama going on here. Today is one of my colleague's birthdays. He decided to throw a party in a restaurant which is far from Ram's apartment. I came along with my colleagues, and I have to leave with them. There are no other means of transport. Pranav is calling me continuously. I can ask him to pick me up, but it will take an hour for him to come here. That is not a viable option. So, I told him to proceed as per their plans, and I will join them later. Thank god! I ordered a cake from a bakery near Ram's apartment. They said they are open till 2.

It is already 11.45, and they decided to leave now. I was fuming with anger inside because I cannot wish Ram at 12'o clock because of them. But obviously, I cannot show it to them right. I sat silently in one of the cars and decided to go through my social media to divert from the main problem. Today it is Shakthi's birthday also. I posted a pic that we took on our college days on Facebook.

It is 12.50 by the time I got down near the bakery. I picked up the cake and walked towards Ram's apartment. I called Pranav to know whether they are still in the apartment or not.

"Hello, my dear sister-in-law!" he greeted me cheerfully.

"Are you guys still there in the apartment with him?" I asked him.

"No. We left Ram's apartment just before 10 minutes. Where are you? Did you reached?"

"Yes! I picked up the cake and walking to his apartment," I said

"Okay, No one is there around you, right?" he asked me. Always protective.

"Yes, my dear brother-in-law, I am safe. Don't worry about me. I reached the apartment," I said.

"Okay then, I am cutting the call. I forget to tell you one thing," he said.

"What is it? Is it about Pranavi?" I asked him.

"No, it is about your fiancé. It seems that he was waiting for you. I must say that he was quite disappointed that you did not come. He is missing you so much. Go and surprise him. Take care of my friend," he said teasingly with a hint of seriousness. I blushed because of his comment.

"You don't have any filter in your mouth. Go and take care of my sister," I said and cut the call. Is Ram waiting for me? I am feeling more excited now. I pressed the doorbell and waited for him.

He opened the door and stood still. I felt conscious of my appearance. I pinched him on the ribs. He came out of his stance and eyed me blankly.

I put aside the cake and bag and gave him a side hug shouting "Happy birthday, Mr. Ram" in his ears.

"I thought that someone forgot about my birthday," He said while pouting. He is looking cute as a newborn baby. I pinched his cheeks with both of my hands.

"Sorry! I thought of coming along with Pranav, but there is some birthday party going on. So I was not able to come on time," I explained to him.

He came back to normal and hugged me properly, and said, " Thank you so much for the surprise."

I took leave from the office the next day and decided to spend the time with him. Wait and watch for more surprises, Mr. Ram.

Thank you so much for reading.

Please Vote, comment and share.