12. Surprise and Shock

TAMARA'S POV:

I shifted to Bangalore last weekend. I searched for a decent flat near my new office online. Fortunately, I could get a single bedroom flat near my office, but I need to share it with some other girl. Her name is Amrutha. I might have stayed with Pranavi and Pranav, but I don't want to invade their privacy, and moreover, my office is somewhat far from their flat.

That Sunday, I surprised them by directly knocking on their door. Pranavi became so emotional. We prepared Biryani and ate our hearts out. I can see that Pranavi is becoming so tired due to pregnancy. Pranav is doing most of the work without complaining. They don't need words to communicate. Just by looking at each other, they understand what the other person is thinking. I am so envious of my sis. I hope that one day I can be like that with Ram. I was deep in thoughts when Pranavi shook me.

"What, Tara! It seems that you are dreaming about your fiancé. Call him now if you are missing him that much."

"No, he doesn't know that I am here. I did not tell him yet. I will tell him later on."

"oh, planning for a surprise, dear!" She said in a teasing tone. God! Now they won't stop teasing me. I should stop it somehow.

"Leave about me, sis. How is my BIL treating you. Did you guys go for a check-up? How is my peanut doing." I tried to divert the topic. With that, we started to discuss her and the baby. I asked my BIL not to inform Ram about my arrival. After spending some more time with them, I returned to the flat.

The new office is good, and the people here are polite. But I miss my old teammates. Our team used to be lively and always chirping. I think it will take some time to mingle with this new team.

Today I decided to inform Ram about my arrival. My office hours got over at six, unlike eight at Chennai. After coming from the office, I called Ram.

"Hey, Tara, how are you?"

" I am fine, Ram. What are you doing?"

"Just now, returning to my room." He said in a tired voice. I am conflicting on whether I should meet him today or some other day. He sounds drained.

" What happened, Tara? Do you want to say something?" He asked.

"Actually, I need help, Ram. But you sound very low. I will ask someone else for help. Go and take rest," I said.

"Don't hesitate, Tara, tell me what you want,"

I wanted to surprise him, so I made up a story to make him come here.

" I ordered some dresses for Pranavi. They arrived at the wrong address. Someone needs to go and collect, or else the dresses will be returned. I tried calling Pranav, but he is not picking up the call. Can you please go there and collect the parcel." I said.

"Okay, tell me the address. I will collect them now." I did a happy dance in my head. Not able to control my excitement, I said that I would message him the address.

I wore a simple maroon color salwar kameez and waited for him. I am excited to meet him and, at the same time, nervous. My old feelings are rushing back to me. But this time with more intensity. I came out of my thoughts when a Bike stopped near the security office to enquire. I know that it is him. I went near him and placed my hand on his shoulder. He suddenly turned his neck towards me. His expressions worth million dollars. That is why I wanted to surprise him.

RAM'S POV:

I just stared at her from top to bottom. Is it real, or is my mind playing tricks? After some time, she waved her hands in front of my face. I came back to my senses.