Trust [ TFP Ratchet x Blind! Reader ]

Requested by LuminaPearl

Plot : Ratchet doesn't know why, but he feels the need to protect the blind reader ever since he met her.

|||||

It all started when Ratchet found you hiding behind a tree in a middle of a fight between the Autobots and the vehicons. They were checking some energon in a cave when the vehicons appeared, making them realized it was a trap. Ratchet wasted no time on scooping you in his servos and raced to the groundbridge to the base with the others before the vehicons could hurt you.

Back at the base, he was expecting you to scream or struggling away out of his servos, but he was met with a really quiet, trembling and scared human. Only after he noticed her eyes that he realized you were actually blind.

You must have had been so confused with the situation; hiding behind a tree at the sound of loud noises, grabbed by something metallic, and had no idea what was going on. It was an unfamiliar situation, one you had never been prepared for. Of course, meeting alien robots was a once in an opportunity, so you were totally bewildered by this.

When you calmed down a bit, you learnt what just happened by the Autobots' explanation.

" What were you doing there anyway?" Arcee asked.

You hesitated at first but decided to answer her, " I was with my friends. They said they wanted to test me with something, where I had to stay there for an hour and then they'd pick me up later after the time was up. But I think I've been waiting for three hours and no one came, until I heard loud noises which must have been you guys fighting."

" What kind of an idiot would do such thing?" Ratchet commented." Surely you should know they would have left you there and lied to you."

" But..." You looked down, shuffling your feet, "...they said if I don't do as they said, they'd stop being my friends. Truthfully, they were the only ones that let me hang out with them. No one wants to be friends with...' a blind, idiotic, girl' as they said."

And then there was a really tense silent in the air. Some of the bots and humans like Arcee and Miko threw Ratchet a dirty look. Ratchet scowled at them, silently telling them that he didn't know that at first when he called you an idiot. But he genuinely felt guilty for saying something like that, though he'd never reveal it.

So when Optimus assigned Ratchet as your guardian, his complaint against the request was more of an... effortless one. He only complaint a bit and when Optimus laid a reason for him to have a human, he grumbled and just agreed to it. Even Optimus was taken a bit by how Ratchet was cooperating well with this when if the medic was against something, he'd make sure he at least have a lot of valid reasons to not agree with that thing.

It was quite awkward between the two of you at first, but as the time passed, you both learnt about each other more better and began to feel more comfortable with each presence. Ratchet found himself getting more protective over you and he didn't even know why. He'd make sure he was the one who pick you up from school and send you home. If he was too busy, he'd count on reliable bots to help you for a ride, but he'd feel worried and made sure he got an update of you from the bot every hour.

The others noticed his change of behaviour and immediately got the hint. They were quite frustrated to see how oblivious you were to his feelings though. Then again, given the fact that you're blind, you couldn't see the way Ratchet perked up at your visits to the base, or the way he stole glances at you when you were hanging out with the other kids. Miko almost told you about it but was held back by Bulkhead.