Helpless [ TFP Knockout x Human! Reader ]

Plot : Knockout is knowledgeable in his species medication information, but not the humans. And never once have he thought of learning about it, thinking it would be a waste of time. Now that his human is in a dying state, he feels truly helpless.

A/n and TW : This chapter will include death scene. In this dangerous time with this virus, I hope everyone will at least try to take measurements on avoiding the virus. I offer my condolences for those who had experience this virus with family members, friends or themselves. Please stay safe and take care of your hygiene.
_____________________

About two years ago, a new virus appeared and had been the cause of many deaths. Named as Covid-19, it's an illness that almost resembles the normal flu, only that it could lead to fatal. Million deaths have been reported and the world was in a panic state, trying to keep themselves away from getting infected.

Knowing this, Knockout had taken the following steps to prevent you from getting infected. You've washed your hands, limiting your time going out, not touching your face with your hands, wear mask when going out -- he followed every thing the humans government had told what to do to avoid the virus.

So how, how, did you get infected?

It was only a simple sneeze that now ended with you lying down on the bed Knockout had provided for you, pale looking and having a hard time to breath. You were too weak to move, even to speak. The moment the symptoms of the virus had shown on you, Knockout felt a hollow and horrible feeling inside of him. His human was infected. His human was dying. There was no cure yet for this virus.

For the first time in his life, Knockout felt helpless -- he didn't know what to do. He tried to learn about humans sickness and everything related to it ever since you've gotten sick, hoping to find a cure for you. He thought that being a more advanced species with high technology  could helped him with the situation --

-- but sometimes, time is merciless.

He watched you gasping for air, having difficulty to breath and tears trickled down your eyes as you looked at your guardian, expressing how painful it was only with your reaction.

But what could he do? He had provided medical instruments for you but not the exact cure. He tried. He really did. He just seemed to meet a dead end.

His let your hand grabbed onto his digits, his form shook slightly,  and he bit his derma as he softly stroke your hair with his other digits.

" I am so sorry," Knockout whispered, " I am so sorry. I don't know what to do now."

Feeling your grip tightened around his digits, he looked into your eyes, seeing the light starting to fade. With your best attempt, you offered him a smile.

Thank you for trying, Knockout.

Your grip loosened and your hand fell on your side.