Only cats know [ TFP Cats! Dreadwing X Reader ] Part 1

( Maybe a little Skyquake X reader )

" How about this cafe?"

" Ugh, no, the coffees are not tasty..."

" How about ' Good Morning' cafe?" You suggested, " The beverages are nice and tasty and --"

One of the girl in the group snickered, " That hideous cafe? No way."

Your smile dropped, " Uh, well..."

" I think you just want to promote your cafe to us. You should just close it! What's the point of naming it ' Good Morning' cafe when it only opens at night?" The other girl snickered.

" You know I am busy with school..."

" Drop it, (Y/n)." The girl huffed, " We're not interested. Beside, it's rude to interrupt when others are talking." She turned around and walked into school with her friends, chuckling.

You sighed; you had no choice but to open it at night because of school. Plus with home works and other stuff, you were indeed a really busy teenager. You continued to walk into the school building in silent. 

The cafe belonged to your late grandfather, who just passed away 2 months ago, leaving you, the only heir of the family, his cafe. You already lost your parents when you were a toddler, in which they were involved in a car crash and you had no siblings. You still remembered the times when your grandfather was still alive, ah, such sweet memories. The time when he made you coffee every morning, the time when he taught you how to make coffee and other drinks...The smell of the good coffee always made your day.

But now, the cafe barely had any customers for the past few months. If it kept going like this, you had to shut down the cafe. Of course you didn't want to, the cafe held lots memories of you and your grandfather. How could you close it forever?

-------

The only companion you had in your house was your cat, Megatron. Oh look at this male cat, with fluffy fur and his size was quite bigger than any male cats you had seen, Megatron was a rather fierce and Tsundere cat but he was quite gentle to you, so yeah, no harm.

" I am home, Meggy," You called him with his nickname as you took off your shoes and put your school bag on the couch.

Megatron snapped his head to you and glared at you with his red eyes. You giggled and patted his head before walked to the kitchen to make yourself a nice cup of coffee. After you finished putting in sugar, you glanced at the clock; it was half an hour to go before the cafe would be opened. 

Your night routine was like this;

- Open the cafe

- Sometimes sweep the floor or arrange back the seats or some pots

- Wait for customers

- No customers since the last 2 hours, do homeworks

- Finally eat dinner

- Close the cafe when the clock struck 10 p.m.

You sighed as you opened the door and went outside to take some fresh air. It was quite cold and you shivered a little. Your eyes caught the sight of the moon, all full and glowing in the night sky. You smiled, worries melted away from your chest.

" Okay, forget the worries. Tomorrow might be better!" You said confidently.

" Meow..."

That wasn't Megatron. You turned your head towards the flower pots in front of the cafe's entrance door. You walked closer and moved the pots with your hands. A gasp escaped your throat.

" Aww ~" You sighed and kneel down to take a better look at the two cats. One had blue fur and another had green but looked very identical. Twins maybe? They had odd fur color for cats but, eh, cats are cats! Cute!

" What are you both doing here? Are you lost?" You rubbed the green cat's head, who meow in response. They looked a little dirty, which might mean they were stray cats. You looked around for more but found none.

" I guess I need to bring you guys inside..." You picked up the green one but the blue one jumped and scooted away from you. You held the green cat closer and smiled a little.

" It's okay, I won't hurt you." You said softly, " It's a bit chilly our here tonight, why don't you come in? I think I have milk that I can give..." You opened the door and waited. 

The blue cat took a little time to get in, his twin meow at him, as if he tried to say that you really meant no harm. Once you locked the door, you went to the fridge to get the milk and warm it up with the oven.

Megatron stared at the two cats, an aura of ' I am- a- leader- here- so- if -you -don't- obey, scrap- off ' could be felt from him and the other two cats looked at him in amazed. Ah, they might had never seen a big cat like Meggy before, you thought, smiling.

" Megatron, don't bully our guests okay?" You said and your cat meow.

After heating up the milk, you served it to the green and blue cats, which drank it immediately. You picked up Megatron so he won't have any of the milk since you served it only to those two cats. You glanced at the milk box.

The milk had been staled for two days.

" Waaahh!" You cried out in shock and even Megatron was surprised by your outburst.

You put Megatron down to the floor and dashed towards the other cats, " No, don't drink it!" You picked up the bowl and was surprised to find it was clean and empty with no drop of milk left.

You sighed.

-----

" Time to sleep..." You said after finished putting the green and blue cat into a basket with a blanket, " I am sorry you both drank a stale milk...If you have stomach ache, I'll take you to the animal clinic..." You rubbed the green's head gently and he meow before put down his head and closed his eyes.

" Good night," You said and went out of the room.

You were about to head to your bedroom when you heard a mew from behind you. The blue cat was standing behind you, eyes staring at you. You picked him up, gently rubbed his head as you said, " It's time to sleep, go rest with your brother, I think..."

Yet he still stood still even on his blanket. You smiled, kneel down, tucked your hair out of your face and kissed his nose.

" Good night." Your eyes softened as you looked down at the blue cat.

Even after you closed the door, Dreadwing still stood in silent. His paw reached his nose, where you kissed him. His eyes softened. He wished he was a human like you so he could tell you how grateful he was when you took them in...

Wish granted!