Multilingual [ TFP Soundwave x Reader ]

Plot : You have a habit of cursing someone in different languages and Soundwave noticed.

TW : contains heavy languages

回回回回回

"  شيلب! "

Soundwave tilted his helm ever so slightly, close enough to you that he could hear the mumbling under your breath as you glared dagger at Starscream's back. The Second-in-command, oblivious to how the small human was glowering at him, continued on ranting how you weren't much help in the recent mission. Weren't much help? You located three energon mines in a length of a week and a half! It was understandable how you were fuming in anger and annoyance as you were being talked down.

The Third-In-Command knew that Starscream only rambling like this when Megatron wasn't around, as the leader would have sent him hurling to the other end of hallway if he knew his favourite human was being talked down. Soundwave usually kept himself aside, not interfering with any of the business going on. Though...he was quite curious on the language you've spoken before. This was the first time he heard it.

Silently as usual, he ran some information and searching through the Earth internet and found a match. He translated the meaning.

You just called Starscream 'dog' in Arabic.

He heard you muttering more.

" ابن كلب."

Now it's 'son of a dog'.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊

Being in charge to keep an optic on you meant hanging around you as well. Soundwave found your presence quite comforting and calm, as you didn't make any loud nor annoying noises around. In the nemesis, your position was as the human who located energon signals or relics for the Decepticons. Your first meeting with the cons wasn't that good of course, and honestly you helping them was only to keep yourselves alive. Surprisingly, Megatron had grown fond of you and even though he referred to you as his pet, everyone knew how their lord was treating you with utmost care.

What an achievement, Soundwave had noted then, to be able being friends with Megatron himself. You did proof yourselves to be worthy; brave and not minding any insults being thrown at you, and smart enough to impress the others. You treated everyone nicely too, so everyone was okay with your presence in the ship. Starscream, however, being his usual self, was much more nastier in interacting with you.

Which was probably the reason you seemed to be developing a certain habit of muttering under your breath and insulting the seeker quietly. And to keep it discreet almost, different languages had been used in different situations.

" La Concha de tu Madre. " This one was Spanish.

" Halt deinen Mund. " German.

" C’est un vrai connard. " France.

" Bodoh, menyusahkan hidup orang. " Malaysian or Indonesian, he wasn't sure yet that time.

Soundwave found himself to be...amused with your tactics. He even surprised himself when he learned all those languages you've been muttering under your breath. Considering that it was fairly easy and quick for Cybertronians to learn new languages, it didn't take him too long to be able understanding any languages you spoke up. But he stayed quiet like he was, not reacting if you swore in Mandarin or complaining in thick British accent while walking down the hallway. He left you alone, made you think that no one heard nor understood you.

Then, one day --

" 混賬 "

Soundwave usually ignored it and kept on with his work; but this one was louder than usual with an odd tone in the way you spoke it. He straightened his back and glanced around the room; no one was there asides from him and you. He looked over his shoulders and found you busying yourself with a book -- that you were reading upside down?

He noticed the way you uncomfortable shifted in your spot, then glancing over your book at him before jumped and covered your face with the book.

Wait.

Did you --

Did you cursed at him?

For what?

He was sure the two of you were on a good terms mostly. You do the talking on how the day went and he listened. Heck, he even sometimes went out to get you new books to keep you entertained in the place. Were you mad at him? About what? He recognized that it was Mandarin, and means something along the line of "damn" or "bullsh*t".

So what did he do that caused you to curse at him?

" (Y/N) : mad? " The con finally gave in to his unbearable curiosity and put on a few voice clips.

You raised an eyebrow, making a confused expression as you brought down your book. " Me? Mad? No? "

Soundwave clicked on the record and replayed your voice cursing at him. Your face paled and you dropped the book from your hold.

" Wait...you understood that? " You held up your hands. " No, no! I am not cursing at you! It was -- I was -- I am not mad at you! "

Not wanting to push you further and seemingly satisfied with the answer, Soundwave gave a curt nod before turning back to the monitor. He paused in his typing in realization that he was...relief? He was relief that you weren't mad at him? It didn't feel right; he wasn't the type to seek other's approval aside from Megatron's.

He glanced at you behind his mask and noticed the frown on your face as you stared at him. He looked away.

Whatever he was feeling, he decided to handle it for another day.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊

Holy...

You should have expected anyone on the ship to understand at least something else asides from English. Should have expected Soundwave the most to understand the different languages you spouted sometimes in the form of cursing and insulting. He was just that smart. You should have even considered him hearing all of your mutterings; he was the eyes and the ears of the ship. Rarely nothing gets passed him. He had the access to everything in the ship.

Of all the time be decided to confront of you of understanding your multilingual insults...

It was quite your fault anyway -- you didn't mean to swear louder than you usually did. Your guards had dropped, you were dazing off and was staring at how skillful Soundwave was -- how a sudden thought of his sleek figure to be attractive made your cheeks heat up and you beat yourself up mentally. You weren't cursing at him, you were cursing at yourselves; for thinking such thing. You would never let this con knew you were checking him out just some moments ago.

You shouldn't even be having such thought -- an outer space alien? Attractive? What have become of your taste in men? You stared at him from behind for a moment, recalling the ways Soundwave work, move, act...

Silent, efficient in working, deadly...his extra noodle arms...

You felt your cheeks heat up again.

" F*ck. "

This time, Soundwave didn't turned around no matter how loud you just cursed.