Chapter 22.1

Paglaki ko I can be your boyfriend naman, right?

Sigurado ka ba sa mga sinasabi mo?

Of course. You think I'm joking?

Hindi naman sa ganoon. Makikilala pa kaya natin ang isa't-isa nun? Hindi mo ba naiisip na baka hindi na tayo magkita pa sa susunod?

I just know I will see you again. And when the time comes na makita na kita, then we can be together. If not, then I will look for you.

I promise.

----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----

I thought we were going on so well. In fact, I was already expecting everything to turn back to the way I wanted. But I was wrong.

Inakala ko lang pala.

And now I'm here standing at an airport, waiting for my grandfather's assistant to come and pick me up. I'm weak as shit. But I don't want to feel sad and miserable anymore, that is why I left all things behind. I wanted an escape.

"Why, this is interesting. What brought Grandpa's least favorite grandchild here in the US?" A familiar voice came from behind. Who would not recognize his British accent? I turned and saw Maddox. "How are you, dearest cousin? I guess I won't be alone the entire summer break then." A wide grin formed on his face. He walked towards me and we bumped our fists.

"I was afraid the old man might disown me, so here I am." I told him. "Where's Aunt Dallas?"

"Your father and my Mum sure share the same way of thinking. I guess that's a twins thing. They love their independence away from Grandpa. You should know by now that it would take me forever to convince her to come with me." He explained. "Are we just going to stand here and wait? Dude, I'm feeling peckish." He started whining. The same old Maddox, always hungry. "Let me just get back inside and grab a toast to go. Want one for yourself?" I shook my head. He shrugged and went in.

Moments later, Grandpa's assistant arrived in a BMW X6. It was unexpected though. I was informed he was coming with a company van. He felt sorry that he and the driver arrived later than scheduled but I told him it was alright. Then, our attention turned to the driver's side. The door opened and came out my other cousin Nikki.

"Pfft, show off." Maddox huffed. "The Beemer's cool though."

"It's been a while, suckers." Her words as she took off her specs. Her eyes shifted to me. "Glad to see you, Prancer. I'm surprised you didn't turn your favorite old man down this time."

Right away, we were escorted to our grandfather's office. Mr. Hall told us that Grandpa Greg really wanted to see all of his first-born grandchildren. But I believed his words were plainly sugarcoats. As for my grandfather, I know he'll never say such things.

"This is funny. Grandpa never met me the day I arrived here last year. I saw him days after. Two days? Or was it three?" Maddox mentioned.

"We're talking Lance Andrew Davis here Maddyboobear. That's why." Nikki looked at me. "Don't feel so special though." She winked. I gave her a fake smile. Somehow, her words made me a bit uncomfortable. Well, whatever.

"The chief will be with you in thirty. Would you like anything while you wait?" Mr. Hall asked us. But just as Maddox was about to answer him, the wide door opened and revealed our grandmother. My cousins went on and greeted her. I just found myself standing, looking at them.