Chapter 2

I just finished cooking the sweet and spicy noodles and bought some fried chicken before we arrived. My favorite afternoon chew. I took out some plates and washed two pairs of chopsticks. My hands can hold not that much so I decided to use my mouth to bring the chopsticks. I call it extra challenge. Humming random notes, I walked towards the living room.

Napalingon siya. "Ikaw talaga. Ako na lang sana pinakuha mo diba? Kawawa ka tuloy." Kinuha niya ang mga chopsticks sa bibig ko.

"No biggie. You were so into that guy there." I said placing the food on the table. Nanonood kasi siya ng TV. Too focused, you don't want to be a distraction. Malaki ang crush niya sa lalaking iyon. Not really that good looking I should say.

"Ay oo, seloso ka nga pala."  Natatawa siyang tumayo at kumuha ng pitcher sa ref at mga baso.

"You're not into him. You're just into his character. Not a threat." I explained as I placed some noodles on my plate.

"Nagseselos ka nga. Ang babaw mo talaga." At muli siyang naupo. Kumuha siya ng chicken at sinubo sa akin. Sweet. That's was a big drumstick though. Kinuha ko ang platong hawak niya at binalik sa table.

"I'll still be your number one. That's for sure."

"Lance, man up little boy." Sabi niya na parang tawang-tawa. Sorry, I can't stop acting like a child. A smile formed on my face. Humiga ako sa lap niya. The food can wait.

Those fingers combing my hair and massaging my forehead made me feel very at ease. Calming that I don't want this to end.

"I love you." There I said it.

"You really know how to break a heart Lance." The voice was so sweet but sad at the same time. I tried closing the gap between our faces for a kiss. Then, the view became so bright that I can't avoid closing my eyes.

——————————————

I woke up as the sunlight hit my face. Mom sure has her ways of waking me up. I got out of bed and rushed to the bathroom. Man! Dad really got me drunk last night. Good thing he's back. Actually, not for long. He has to be in Palawan for another business venture. He has decided to bring our mom with him. They'll be gone for a week.

Mac was so pissed he can't join because of school and skate practice. Ako naman, I did not complain. In fact, I was happy for them. They can do whatever they want and go wherever they wish. They deserve all the best. Manang Nancy can manage the house anyway for the time being.

While I was in the shower, I thought about what I dreamt awhile back. That dream was quite interesting. Fact is, I can still remember every detail of it. The only problem was I never saw the face of who I was with. The person seemed to be blurry. But it really felt like I had a deep connection to that person.

Perhaps Malcolm was right. I do miss having a girlfriend. It's been a long time since Anne and I broke up. Anne was too much for me. She wasn't that into me either. Yeah, I miss her. But not to the point that I want her back. I'm happy that she's now happy. We still get to see each other in the university. Casual helloes and that's it. Nothing more.

Our professor was already in when I opened the room door. Am I already late? I know I shouldn't have had too much alcohol last night. Ugh, thanks Dad.

"Just in time Mr. Davis. I was about to start. You can sit now." She instructed.

"Sorry Mrs. Araneta. This won't happen again, I promise." I apologized going to my seat. I sat beside Joshua and saw him grinned. Mrs. Araneta started the class.