Chapter 14

These past few days, my mind has been going through a roller coaster of thoughts that waking up in the morning always felt heavy. I have been trying to shake them all off whenever I'm in the shower but they just come back by breakfast. Yes, sometimes I don't understand myself too.

"Love, may lakad ka ba this weekend?" Mom asked Malcolm while serving him with food on his plate. Believe me when I say he loves it when Mom pampers him like a baby.

He pulled Mom towards him and hugged her. "Well, tapos na po exams namin. Wala rin akong scheduled practice. Bakit kaya natanong ng maganda kong Mama? Hmm?"

She took something out from the pocket of her apron and placed it on the table. From the looks of it, I could tell that it was a business card. "Kasi ang Daddy ninyo may ka-meeting sa isang beach resort sa La Union. Gusto niya sana na isama tayo kasi long weekend naman." She explained.

"Beach? So count me in." Mac acted like he was swimming. Could he at least be normal for once?

"Ikaw Lance? Gusto mo bang sumama? Matagal-tagal na rin yung huling punta natin sa beach na magkasama tayong apat, hindi ba?" Mom turned to me and asked. It took me a while to think but I gave her a nod. She was right. It has been a while since we went to the beach as a family. It could be a good way to clear my thoughts too, maybe.

"Ma, may gusto akong isama. I want to invite Mace. Can we have him join us, please?" I unintentionally dropped my fork. Malcolm can't be serious. Mom just mentioned it will be a family trip and now he wants to invite Mace.

"Si Mace?" Mom looked at me. "Kung available naman siya sa weekend at kung okay sa kanya, pwede naman." She can't be serious too, right?

"Lance can invite him instead. Right, Kuya?" His annoying eyebrows went up and down. In my mind I was already choking him. It would be too early to have an argument especially on the dining table, so I just ignored him and continued my breakfast.

"Anak tanungin mo na lang si Mace mamaya, okay? Sabihin mo rin na mag-text siya sa akin kung papayag siya." Noted, Mom. As if I have a choice.  "Ako na ang bahalang magsabi sa Dad nyo para maka-book na ng reservations." She added.

I rushed back to my room after I finished my breakfast. I almost forgot about my phone. Just as I about to unlock, it showed Mace's caller ID. Actually, I knew he would call. Well it has become his habit to call me in the morning before I arrive at the university. Perhaps this was because of that time when I failed to wake up to my alarm, making me miss the first class in the morning.

"Hey Mace..." was my bland greeting.

"Good morning Lance. Kakagising mo pa lang ba?" His voice seemed a little bit weird.

"No. We're about to leave actually. I just finished having breakfast. How about you? Are you okay? You sound sick."

"Ah medyo barado lang ang ilong ko. Huwag ka mag-alala mawawala din ito."

"Okay, ikaw bahala. We're leaving now. I'll see you after your last class. I have to tell you something."

"Sige Lance. Ingat ka sa pag-dr..." I needed to hurry so I ended the call right way without having to finish his words.

Mac was already in the car when I hopped in. He was still munching on apple slices. I shrugged, started the engine, and drove off.

"Good morning gorgeous. Ano? Nagbreakfast ka ba?" Malcolm also made it a habit to call Mace on the way to school. Most of the time, he puts their calls on speaker so I can hear their conversation. But on some occasions when he's not in the mood, he'd rather not.