Chapter 5

"Look Mace, about what happened kanina, I'm sorry..." But he cut me off. I found myself apologizing. I admit, I got upset of the lady's words. It's just that never have I ever, in my wildest dreams, imagined myself to be his boyfriend or be any guy's boyfriend in general.

Yes, I got no problems with Mace being gentle and unmanly at times as he is. But to be assumed as his boyfriend was just far too bizarre.

"Hindi. Ako nga ang dapat humingi ng sorry Lance." He started talking. But this time, it really felt to me like he doesn't want to talk about it. Somehow, I regretted how I reacted. "Dahil sa akin, nagalit ka tuloy. Pasensya ka na sa nasabi nung babae." Dagdag niya. After that, wala na siyang iba pang sinabi.

The drive to Josh's party felt like a silent movie. So quiet that blowing my horn was necessary just to break our silence. When we arrived, Mace immediately opened his side of the car and thanked me without looking. I just brushed it off. There was no point in saying sorry anyway. It will just end up having him blame himself for the incident. I did not like the idea of it.

He waited for me to finish securing my car so we can be in the party together. There weren't many cars parked by so I figured out there were still a few people. After what we did just to delay our arrival, turns out naging maaga pa rin kami.

"Nandito na kayo. Hi Kuya L.A.!" Sinalubong kami ni Jas. Seeing her wearing the cutest pink outfit I've ever seen made my heart pound like crazy. God, she's beautiful.

I lifted my hand to give her a wave

I lifted my hand to give her a wave. Funny that she thought it was a high five. I chuckled and asked where her brother was.

"He's in the pool area with your friends. Sabi niya kapag dumating ka na, just go there." She answered. "Meanwhile, punta lang kami ni Mace sa room ko. Doon na lang kami mag-uusap. It's getting louder down here." She grabbed Mace's arm and they both ran up the stairs.

—————————————————

Waking up, I felt something heavy on the bed with me. I opened my eyes and saw Malcolm with his face out, looking at me like a curious dog.

 I opened my eyes and saw Malcolm with his face out, looking at me like a curious dog