Chapter 15

We were brought to the resort's front desk to get the keys to where we'll be staying. Just when I thought the five us will be staying together in the same room, Dad had actually reserved two.

"The room with the extra bed is on this side Mr. Davis." Miss Britney said, referring to the left side of the resort. "Who will be staying there po ba?"

Malcolm confidently answered her. "Ofcourse the extra bed is obviously for my brother." He pointed me, then Mace, then himself. "That means we, the younger ones will be staying there, right Dad?"

"Love, para sa'yo talaga yung extra bed." Mom interrupted him. "Sa amin ka sasama ng Daddy mo."

For a moment, natigilan si Malcolm. Then, he laughed. "Well, that was funny Ma. You're joking, right?"

"Son, just let your brother have Mace for now. They both need their time together too." It was Dad's turn to talk.

"But Dad, I want to ..." He tried to bargain. But unfortunately, Dad shook his head in disapproval. Clearly, my brother got disappointed and upset. He kept his head down. I looked at Dad and he gave me a nod. Now, I get it. I see what you're doing Dad. Nice.

"Let us take your things to your room Mr. Davis. Mr. Calzado wants to have lunch with you by the way." Miss Britney tried to change the conversation. One of the staff followed her bringing my parents' luggage.

"Sige na Malcolm. Huwag kang mag-alala. Magkikita pa rin naman tayo eh." Mace guaranteed my brother. Malcolm shrugged and went ahead.

"Sir, escort ko na ho kayo sa room ninyo." Another one from the staff gave me our keys and offered his help.

"We can take it from here. No worries." I told the man when he was about to take Mace's luggage.

"Kami na lang po magdadala ng mga gamit namin. Salamat na lang po." Mace added.

Dad got us a room just right across the beach

Dad got us a room just right across the beach. We had the basic facilities like a table and chairs, a couch, cupboard, dressing table, TV, telephone, coffee maker, and a private bathroom. What's more interesting was the room had its own swimming pool. Definitely, a cabana.

But something made me feel uneasy. There was only one bed. It may be king-sized but that was not what I expected. Hindi naman problema sa akin to share a bed with another guy. But shit, it's Mace we're talking here. And apparently, we are in a relationship. Truth is, I have never tried sleeping with my exes before. That's why I'm becoming apprehensive.

Was this why Dad decided to have Malcolm with them and not with us here? He must be thinking about this too. Screw my wild thoughts. Damn!

"Ang ganda dito." I was pulled out from my thoughts. I saw him looking outside. Unarguably, he was captivated by the view.

 Unarguably, he was captivated by the view