Chapter 20

Somehow, it is a breath of fresh air watching kids play on a school field. I suddenly remembered the twins. They would enjoy running around a wide area like this, for sure. It has been a while since I last saw them. Mace and I should bring them next time so they could meet some new friends. But to be honest, I really don't know where I am and why I am here. However, everything looks quite familiar to me. I wandered until I came across a gathering of adults. They must be celebrating something. It was uncomfortable not knowing a single person around though. Baka mapagkamalan pa akong party crasher so I decided to walk myself out from the crowd.

Just when I was about to leave, a kid bumped into me. All of a sudden, we both found ourselves on the ground. Why was he running anyway? He immediately got up and fixed himself.

"You alright, kid?" I asked as soon as I got up. Man, my back hurts from a bad landing.

"Watch where you're going next time, mister." He replied, sounding really upset. What the hell? I can't believe this kid. He's got attitude. Siya na ang nakabangga, siya pa ang may ganang magalit. Just wow.

"Why you son of a ...?" I wanted to talk back. But words ran out as soon as my sight cleared and saw his face.

Hey, I know this kid.

He is me.

"If you have nothing else to say Sir, I'm leaving now." He left without saying sorry. Indeed, I was totally taken aback. It's crazy to see how I was back then.

I found myself following the younger me. He walked away from everyone then stopped at a nearby pond. I hid behind a big old tree to check him out. Looking so bored and annoyed, he kept plucking the grass around him and pitching stones to the water. And ultimately, throwing stones everywhere he wanted.

"Oh I wouldn't do that if I were you." I thought to myself because I already knew what's going to happen next.

"Aray!"

"Met." I told myself. I searched for where his voice came from. And there he was, standing just a few steps behind my younger self, with a hand on his forehead. I wanted to help him but decided not to. I can't miss watching what the younger me is going to do next.

He turned and saw Met. I laughed at the look on his face. That's right, kid. That's exactly my reaction the first time I saw Met; my eyes grew big and my mouth opened wide. But of course you hit his head with a stone, you dummy.

"God! I'm so sorry." He ran towards Met and apologized.

Ibang klase. He never said sorry to me earlier but was quick to say it to Met. This kid, pfft!

"Ayos lang po." He politely said. I realized he has always been well-mannered ever since. That made me smile.

"You know you wouldn't get hit if you just stayed far. Why are you here anyway?" The younger me asked Met. I shook my head in disbelief, completely disappointed of my younger self.

"Sorry na po." Poor Met had to apologize. He then looked up the sky. "Ang lobo ko." He uttered.

"Fine. I'll get you another one." He let out a sigh then grabbed Met by the wrist. They both walked back to the party so I just followed them. "By the way, what's your name? Are you here with someone?"