Chapter 16

The embrace lasted for a couple of minutes; his head on my shoulder as our chest rise and fall together. I could totally feel our breaths in unison. The arms that held me were soft, yet strong. And honestly, it felt good. So I ended up slowly wrapping my arms around him too.

"Well, this is warm." I told Mace gently rubbing his back. I opened my eyes when I felt he pulled away. "I know a snowman who likes warm hugs too." I added and ruffled his hair.

"Salamat, Lance." He looked at me. When did Mace have those sparkling eyes?

Then we heard the doorbell rang. Both of us looked at each other in confusion. It was already too late for room service nor we weren't expecting any visitors. I looked through the peephole but saw nobody. I guessed somebody must be tripping. I should know. My brother and I did it too when we were younger. I gradually opened the door so I could catch the jerk on the other side.

"Surprise!" Oh shit, it's the devil. I immediately closed the door but he was too quick to block it. And then he started shouting, "HOY! ANG PAA KO LANCE!" I opened the door wider and saw him down the floor, weeping in pain. What have I done?

"Sino yung sumigaw Lance?" Mace rushed to me. His eyes quickly shifted to the boy on the floor. "Malcolm? Nako, anong nangyari sa'yo?"

"Hehehehehe. Hi gorgeous!"

----------------------------------------------------

"Miss, maari bang hindi na lang ito makarating kay Tita at tsaka sa Daddy nila?" Mace's request to Mr. Calzado's secretary. I called her up to help us with the situation. She came into the room with another resort staff bringing a first-aid kit. "Baka kasi lalo pa silang mapagalitan. Sige na ho, nakikiusap ako sa inyo. Ako na lang po ang magpapaliwanag sa kanila pag-uwi namin."

She retorted with a worried look on her face. "Paano na 'yan? May nakaplano pa namang tour para sa inyo bukas. Siguradong malalaman nila ito." She scratched the side of her head.

"Ateng nurse, makakalakad pa ba ako? Paano na ang skate practice ko?" My brother whined. The resort staff just laughed at his silly question. Baliw talaga.

"You neither have a broken bone nor you're amputated, dumbass. Will you stop over reacting?" I almost threw the glass I was holding at him.

"Magiging maayos din ang paa mo bukas. Inumin mo lang ang gamot na ito para mawala na ang pananakit." The staff replied to him. He was given a pain relieving medicine and some pain relief patches.

"Mas mabuti siguro kung dito ka na lang muna matulog ngayong gabi Sir Malcolm. Mahirap na at mahabang lakaran pa naman pabalik sa kwarto ninyo sa kabila. Ako na ang bahalang magsabi sa daddy at mommy ninyo." Miss Britney openly suggested. They all looked at me as if asking for my approval. I just shrugged. She was right. I didn't want my brother to go back to Mom and Dad either. Lagot ako once they find out. It might cost me my car, or maybe something worse. This is what I get sa pagpatol sa isang fourteen year-old.

"Sige maraming salamat po sa inyo. Pasensya na rin ho at naabala pa namin kayo ngayong gabi." Mace told the ladies.

"Walang problema Sir Mace. Pero pwede ba kaming humingi rin ng pabor?" Miss Britney asked. "Kanina ko pa sana gustong gawin ito. Naghahanap lang ako ng tamang tiyempo. Gusto ko sana makapagpa-autograph kay Sir Malcolm. Fan na fan kasi ako eh. Tsaka crush ka ng kapatid nitong si Patricia kaya gusto niya din makipag-selfie. Minsan lang kami magkaroon ng guest na sikat dito sa resort eh. Pwede po ba Sir Malcolm?" She was not able to contain her excitement.

"Oh sure. Anything for my beloved fans. Hey Lance, kunan mo kami bilis." Unbelievably, the boy's got the nerves. He really finds ways to annoy me, whatever it takes. Miss Britney handed her phone to me. I just gritted my teeth and rolled my eyes. He pulled Mace to join them in the picture. I switched to the front camera and took a picture of the five of us. After his fan service, I escorted both ladies out of the room with wide smiles on their faces and hearts forming on their eyes.