24

"so i'm asking if you'll be my boyfriend"

i lifted my head and made eye contact with nick, searching his face to try and catch ahold of whatever emotion he was feeling.

he let go of my knee and instead grabbed both of my hands in his, also shifting himself so that he would be fully facing me.

"of course i will faye"

relief completely washed over me in that moment, and i let out a breath i didn't even know i was holding.

"i'm a little upset you didn't wait a little longer, i was going to take you to this place and ask you there"

i found myself laughing, of course he was going to ask me on this little date he had planned.

"well you know me" i paused, squeezing his hands a bit for effect, "i always have to be the star of the show"

he gave me a little squeeze back, "you've always been the star of my show"

i felt myself melt a bit at his words, he really was so sweet to me. which isn't something you'd expect from the way he spoke to his friends.

"well technically" i started, trying to hold back my giggle, "you can still ask me to be your girlfriend"

he face looked to be confused, so i explained what i meant "i asked you to be my boyfriend, you didn't ask me to be anything yet"

i saw it click in his mind, "OH" he yelled

he let go of my hands and went to start the car, "well i have another surprise for you then"

"not much a surprise now, don't ya think"

he shook his head, causing me to laugh and raise my eyebrows, "trust me, i still have a surprise or two up my sleeve"

i was a bit confused, since it was clear that he was just going to ask the return question in the spot he had initially intended to ask me in. "good luck surprising me now" i said as he pulled out of the parking lot and turned onto the street.

"don't underestimate me, you're going to be massively shocked"

i leaned back in my seat, adjusting my body so i was now facing the road again, "honestly i would love it if you could shock me"

he giggled, like actually giggled. i felt myself melt AGAIN, unable to continue how adorable my now boyfriend sitting beside me was.

the word felt so odd, but i loved it. boyfriend.

i grabbed my phone and went to text the girls, realizing i left them on a bit of a cliffhanger with my earlier text

~

groupchat!
sister wives

husband farah
so i guess i have a boyfriend now🙄

wife kayla
finally
operation fairynap: complete

wife niki
omg!!! how exciting