03

Kayla barged into my room pretty early in the morning, I assumed she had seen my tweet so I knew exactly what was going to come flying out of her mouth before she even had to say it. I was sitting up right in my bed scrolling through tiktok when she did. I saw the look on her face and spoke before she even had the chance to,

"It was sapnap, that I was on the phone with all night. his really name is a Nick by the way." She looked at me and laughed, "of course you knew exactly what I was going to ask, so tell me about it."

She sat down on the bed beside me and I went into detail of all that we talked about, how he told me about meeting dream, how he had the highest pitched voice for the longest time, and about his family life. He told me how he lived at home with his family in Texas, but he wanted to move out soon since he was finally in a position where he could support himself.

I related and told him about the struggle it was for me and Kayla to get into this apartment, her parents weren't ready for her to leave and didn't like that she wasn't going to college. My mom didn't have very much money and most of it was spent making sure my brother got the same private school education that I did. I had to almost fully fund the first couple months of rent until both of me and Kayla's channels took off enough for us to sustain it.

It was cool to connect with someone other than Kayla on the internet personality life. As our whole time on the internet has mostly been spent together so we also already know the exact struggles. It was nice to hear things from a different perspective and from a guy, since it's a little easier to build a loyal fan base as a guy.

Honestly it was just really chill, there was never really any silence between except for when he fell asleep, which was weird since i was expecting myself to be the one to fall out first.

When I woke up in the morning, he was already awake and we talked for a little but he ended up getting off the call after his mom called him from the other room. After all that i just hung out in my room trying to figure out what i should stream next until Kayla came in.

"He sounds really nice, maybe you'll finally get a boyfriend!" I groaned after she said that, ever since the whole thing with Jacob back in high school she's been bugging me to get a boyfriend.

"it's not like that kay, not only did i just meet him but we're just friends."

"well i'm with minx on this one, i definitely ship you two." I threw a pillow at her face, "ugh just get out of here"

Kayla laughed at me but she did get up off the bed and walk out of my room. As cute as Nick might be, i wasn't after a relationship with him. i wasn't after a relationship with anybody, i was just barely getting my footing after making the transition to primary being a streamer. i wasn't really worried about maintaining a relationship with someone at the same time.

plus dating on the internet is rough, it's hard to predict how my audience would react and it would be even harder to predict how someone else's audience would react if they were also a content creator.

and if all of that wasn't a factor, i doubt he would even be interested. i wouldn't expect him to anyway, not something i would want to stress myself out over it anyway.

i wasn't sure if i even wanted to stream today, i had been doing back to back streams all week so a break sounded really nice to me, especially since it was friday.