43

the second i stepped out through the doors and onto the street i was blasted with muggy, thick air.

i pulled my hand away from nick's grasp to quickly tie my hair up into a ponytail.

florida weather was just as humid as i had remembered it to be. we had just landed in the state for our first (and hopefully last) house hunting trip. i honestly wanted to just move out and rent different places until we could find something stable. however, kayla and nick thought i was crazy for that.

i just felt like this whole thing was one big giant adventure, so why not make it as crazy as possible? they shot my idea down and nick offered to pay for flights for the three of us to house hunt.

dream had promised that he would pick us up from the airport, and take us back to his place where we would stay for the next couple days.

he did inform us ahead of time though that it would be a tight squeeze, and it was not going to be enjoyable for more than a few days. basically putting pressure on us to find a place to live so we could come back with the rest of our stuff.

i got my phone out of the back pocket of my jean shorts to check if dream had texted or called, not wanting to sit out in the humid morning air any longer than what was necessary.

when my phone was blank of notifications, i made my way over to his contact and pressed call.

it rang twice before he pick up, "i'm almost there relax!" he piped up as soon as he picked up the call. i heard nick let out a small laugh beside me.

"faye's just a bit impatient" he chimed in, now causing kayla to laugh from the other side of me.

"only a bit?" she asked, playful bumping into me.

i steadied myself and sighed, "just be quick i've been around these two for too long and i need an extra person to balance out the crazy"

again nick and kayla just laughed at my plea for dream to get here faster.

what i said was only partially a joke though if i'm honest. while i absolutely adored my best friend and my boyfriend, they made a pretty hectic duo.

generally their banter was funny, even though i tended to be the main subject of their jokes. though it did get to become a little much to constantly be made fun of. my idea was that dream would bicker at nick enough that it would take their minds off of me at least for part of the time.

i hung up the phone when i saw dream's car pull up alongside the curb. putting my phone back into my pocket and picking up my carryon bag that i had set down earlier.

we went around to the trunk that he had just opened for us, tossing our bags inside.

me and nick then went to the left side of the car and kayla went to the right. nick opening the back door for me before he got in to the front seat next to dream. i scooted in and buckled, turning to look over at kayla and also quickly glance to the back to make sure that we have everything before i let him drive away.

"all good?" he turned and asked from the driver's seat.

i quickly nodded, "yep let's go"

kayla looked over to me, mouthing the words "what the fuck" and pointed to the little pouch in front of her. tucked inside of it was a little bear with a condom strapped across its chest.

i stifled my laughter, and watched as kayla pulled it from the pouch, she placed it on the center console of the front seat, "dream what is this?"

he took his eyes off the road momentarily to look down at the little bear. i could only see part of his face but the part i could see was extremely red. nick's laughter filled the car as he looked down at it as well.

"i swear it's not as weird as it looks" he choked out, stuttering on his pronunciation of its and weird.

"i don't man, looks like you're tryna use this bear to get it on!" i laughed, the little plush was holding a condom like a valentines bear would hold a tacky heart that said some sort of cheesy line.

he swiped it away and caused it to fall on the floor of the backseat, "actually i was going to give it to nick so he would give it to you."

his words were met with silence across the car, we all stopped laughing like we were on a timer.

"why in the world would you give that to me?" nick asked, causing dream just to shake his head. "i thought it would've been funny, but looks like the joke is just on me"

now it was my turn to shake my head at the idiot boy, then leaning my head up against the windshield and letting my eyes flutter shut. i knew the craziness would be unavoidable with this group of people but i didn't anticipate it to start the second we got in a car together. i kicked my legs up across the seat, placing them on kayla's lap so i could sprawl out a bit more.

she wrapped an arm around them so they wouldn't fall off, and i let myself drift off a bit as i mindlessly listened to the radio that was down low enough to nick and dream could chat.

i tuned out their conversation and let my mind go blank as i prepared for what was to come.

i didn't really have any idea what to expect, but that was what i wanted anyway.

a new adventure with my boyfriend and my two best friends. clearly anything could happen, and no matter what did i had a feeling that it would be interesting. as i felt myself fall asleep i knew that everything was slowly drifting into place.

-

hi guys !!!!

sorry i suck at updating! hope u didn't miss me too much!

well ya girl is legal now, but i'm also about to graduate and have finals next week so i can't promise when i'll update next but my plan is to at least have this book finished before summer is over!! don't give up on me just yet! haha

anyway!! love you guys! vote, comment, and follow me for more and to stay updated <33