34

time skip sorry luv u

"you're so obnoxious" i said over my shoulder to kayla. she kept interrupting my anniversary facetime call with nick.

we had been together for 3 months today, but unfortunately we hadn't been able to see each other just yet.

it was a little depressing to not be able to spend this moment with him, especially since i hadn't seen him in person since we literally got together.

which is why i had been secretly planning to fly out to go see him this weekend. i had even kept it from kayla so that she wouldn't spoil the surprise by accidentally telling someone.

it's not that i didn't trust her, but she had started talking to dream and george as well and i didn't want it to casually slip out.

i put my phone down and got up to shut my door, this time putting my trash can against it so that kayla would stop coming in and interrupting us.

"now where were we" i said, as i walked back over to my bed and picked my phone back up.

"well i was trying to ask you what you want, i already got you something though"

i shook my head, "you don't have to buy me anything"

"oh hush, i know for a fact you have like 7 gifts for me." i couldn't hold in my laughter, "i have 8 actually!"

he shook his head at me, "are you serious?" i couldn't help but smile at him as he looked at me like i was crazy.

"no i'm kidding, i think it's like 2 or 3 things"

a look of relief washed over his face, i loved spoiling the people close to me with anything i could. whether it was just affection or if it was actual material items.

"but honestly, all i want you to give me is some of your hoodies, i loooooove your hoodies" his laugh filled my ears and i smiled, "i know you do bub, i'm still going to get something else"

"you don't have to though!" i told him, it was weird for as much as i loved giving gifts, i wasn't as much about actually receiving them.

i listened to him ramble on and on about whatever was going on lately with him and dream, apparently the two of them were planning on moving in together in florida.

i was excited for him, but at the same time it meant that he would've be even farther away from me. but i could possibly talk kayla into moving to florida with me, since for some reason she was so adamant against going to texas.

as much as i wanted to be closer to nick, i wasn't going to leave kayla behind. we had made a promise to each other when we were kids that no matter what we would stick together, and i planned to keep my word.

we played the same sports, made the same friends, and even pursued similar careers. we didn't have to force it either, we just happened to have the same interests and because of that we were able to stay together so easily.

we might have grown up in california, but we had no real attachment to the area. while i loved my mom and brother dearly, they could handle me moving a couple states away. kayla's relationship with her family was more strained, which is part of the reason i promised to stick with her no matter what.