The House on Neibolt Street

I was the last on in the house. Richie was directly in front of me talking to himself. I stepped over some rubble on the ground in front of me and turned around the close the door. Stan was standing in the middle of the path with his hands in his pockets. I gave a little smile and closed the door. There was no going back now.

        "Ruh...remember. Thu...this isn't ruh...ruh...real." I looked around the house. In front of us was a hallway leading to the kitchen. On the sides of the foyer were two connected rooms. There were mice and rats scurrying everywhere and that made me feel the slightest bit of comfort. Not a lot though. Eddie and Bill went to a room on the right and Richie went tot he one on the left. I headed towards the mantle. I ran my fingers along the chiseled marks on the wood mantle then wiped the dust and dirt off my fingers.

"This place is disgusting." I whispered to myself. I grabbed my hair with my hands and put it up with my scrunchie that keep in my wrist.

"Guys!" Richie's voice came from the left room. Bill snd Edie come out of the right room and look at me. I shrug and join them. Richie is standing by a low hanging chandelier and is holding a piece of paper. His eyes are bugging out f his head. "I'm missing?!" He screams and holds up the paper to put faces. It was Richie. He was smiling with his black hair covering his forehead. He had his black glasses on a one of his many Hawaiian shirts. "Jesus Christ! That's today Bill! I go missing today!! God Bill, I can't do this! I CANT DO THIS!" Richie starts pacing very quickly and Bill tried to calm him down. As I watch Bill try to soothe him, I hear a thud upstairs. I look up and see little cracks in the ceiling.

"Guys? Did you hear that?" I looked back down and I some how ended up in a different room of the house. Eddie, Bill, and Richie were gone as well. "Guys?" I spun around in circles, trying to figure how the hell I got to this room. "Guys? Where are you? Bill? Richie?" It was dead silent. I could feel my breaths become shaky and J felt myself start to panic. I was alone. As if it were instinct, I did the sign of the cross and started praying.

"Dear God, I don't know what's happening or why you created this evil, but please stay with me. I'm sorry for meddling with this just please don't leave me now." Suddenly a faint crying came from the hallway of the room I was in. It was really light but I could tell it was a girl. I gulped and edged to the doorway of the room. The crying got louder and the girl was pleading...no she was also praying. "Lucy, get yourself together. It wants you to follow it. It isn't real it isn't real, it isn't..."

"Lucy?" The voice came and I instantly recognized it. It was the voice of Betty Ripsom. I froze and waited for the voice to come again. "Lucy, help me please!" Her voice was stronger and shakier.

No, Lucy, fight against it. It isn't real. Don't fall for it, I repeated this in my bad several times, but I still had this feeling inside of me that made me want to follow. To see Betty.

"Lucy please, help me! I need you. I need a friend!" I took a deep breath. On the ground a few feet in front of me was a broken piece of metal. I quietly bent down to pick it up, not taking my eyes off the doorway for a second.

"Duh...don't worry, Betty. I'm coming." I held up the metal rod like a baseball bat, ready to beat whatever was in the hallway.

"Pleas help us, Lucy. Eddie and I need your help." I inches closer and closer until I was right against the wall. I closed my eyes and prepared to see whatever was there. I wasn't going to let it trick me. Not again. "Lucy?" Betty cried. I tightened my grip and as swiftly as possible I jumped in the doorway and was prepared to swing. There was no one in the hallway. At the end of the hall was a closed door. Light was seeping through the cracks. My heart was racing and I kept the metal rod above my head.