Beverly's house

"Sweetie get the phone." The phone was ringing like crazy downstairs. I paused my cassette player and and groaned. But I didn't argue.

       "Why couldn't you just get it? The phone is right there?" I mumbled as I walked down the stairs of my house. 

        My parents thankfully never found out that I had snuck out of the house while they were gone, and I was able to get the whole Betty Ripsom thing out of my head for the rest of yesterday and today. That was until I answered the phone.

        "Umm, is this Lucy Yancey's house?" It was Stanley's voice. Why was he calling me?

        "Stan? Why are you calling?" I tried to whisper into the phone.

        "Sweetie, who is in the phone?" My mom turned the water off from the sink and was looking at me.

        "It's just a friend." I replied to her and cupped my hand over the phone. "I'm surprised you are calling. I thought yesterday was a one and done?" I could hear Stan breathe through the other end of the phone.

         "Bill called and told me Beverly had something to show us. She said that everyone, including you should see it. That it is something only people inside the circle would understand."  Stan explained and I pushed my hair out of my face.

          "And whether you guys like it or not, I'm a part of the circle now."

           "Yup."

          "Okay, I thankfully don't have to sing anymore since we found a new singer, so I can come over whenever."

          "Meet at the park as soon as you can. Once we meet up, Bill is going to lead us to Beverly's and then we'll find out what the hell is so important. I'll see you there?" I hummed a yes.

          "Yeah, but just one question. What does Beverly want us to see...exactly?" The phone was silent excel for a slight buzzing noise.

         "She said it is better if we saw it in person. See you there." Stanley hung up the phone. My mom had resumed the dishes at this point, and my dad was now in the kitchen.

          "Hey ummm, I was invited to hang out in town today with some people, and I was wondering if I could go." My dad looked up at me, snd my mother turned her head front when sink.

         "What friends? I thought Greta was working this summer and everyone else is on vacation?" My mother said this nonchalantly, and I was a little offended to her a laugh in her voice.

         "They are just some kids at my school that I've gotten close with recently." My dad sighed and out done his paper.

          "Are they now? What are there names?" I couldn't tell them Bill, they hated the Denbroughs; I couldn't say Beverly, everyone, even adults, knew she wasn't exactly a perfect girl. Richie had a reputation for...well for being a trashmouth and my parents would hate for me to hang around him.

         "He is a new kid. His name is Ben Hanscom. You probably don't know him because they moved to Derry in the middle of the school year." I tried to play it off, but my mother wasn't quite done questioning me yet.

         "Well on the phone, I heard you say the name 'Stan'. Who is that?" I huffed and rubbed the back of my neck.

          "Oh Stan is just another friend." My dad rose an eyebrow.

          "Well I'm sure Stan isn't his full name?" They were being there irritating by this point, but I just took a deep breath.

          "Well his full name is Stanley Uris. But I just call him Stan." My dad looked to my mom. She sighed.