Judith

"I swear he was right here. His hand was on my back, and I could see the beam of his flashlight on the back of your heads!" Mike was now in the hole with us. We are all huddled closely together.

"It's alright Lucy, we will find him." Richie tried to be positive.

"No, I promised him that we would stick with him. I said that I would never let him out of my sight and now he just disappeared. It's my fault. Beverly is here because of me and now Stan is gone too because I told him he could trust me. That thing is separating us and it's going to kill us."

"Lucy...I kn...know you and Stu...Stan are a thing." Bill struggled to say. "It's qu...quite obvious. But we cuh...can't give up. We...we still have tuh..time. Bev is strong. And It won't win." I looked at them all with watery eyes and nodded.

"Stan! We're coming!" I screamed down the tunnel and started crawling down. The water splashed onto my dress and all on my arms, but that didn't matter now. All of the disgusting things about sewage and stuff melted from my mind. I had to get Stan.

When I got out of the tunnel, I stood up and wiped my hands in my dress. Everything looked the same. There was mold growing into he walls. Disgusting water with trash floating in it covered the bottom. And tunnels were everywhere.

"Don't panic. Don't panic." I calmed myself. "STAN!!! STAN WE ARE COMING!" The guys all emerged from the tunnel and Bill immediately pointed down the tunnel right in front of us.

"It's this one. My Duh..dad has a map thu...that I woul...would study. It's thu...this way." Eddie immediately started running down the tunneling screaming for Stan. We all quickly followed.

"Stanley! Where are you Stan?" We repeated multiples times. But we could never hear a response. Whenever we came to a fork, we would pause, wait for Bill to point out the way, then continue running. Water splashed all around us, but my nose grew numb to the stench. My eyes were still watering though. I wasn't sure if it was from the sewage, or if it was because I failed Stan.

I wasn't paying attention, and I ran right into Eddie. He and I both fell into a deeper part of the sewer, and my flashlight also fell into the water. Bill and the others were crowding over us.

"Where's my flashlight?" I was waving my hands into the water until I grabbed onto my flashlight. When I lifted it out of the water, the beam shone across water. And in the water with us were a bunch of floating limbs. Arms, legs, heads. They were all swollen and blue and white. Eddie screamed and he struggled to get up. I on the other hand couldn't move. I stared at one of the heads, snd I swore it was staring back at me.

"Keep moving! Don't look at it! It wasn't us to turn around!" The boys were screaming behind me, and I felt Ben's arms wrap around my waist to hoist me up. I finally snapped away from the eyes of the head and ran past
everything. I could feel fingers and legs skim my legs, but the worst part was when the hair on one of the heads wrapped around my legs. I was basically dragging it through the water. I gagged every time I felt the head bounce off my leg and I tried to hold in my puke. I was stopping though. Whoever said it was right: It wanted us to turn around. Well that ain't fucking happening.

We finally made it last the tunnel of limbs and I shook the hair off leg. I ran to a corner of the open area to vomit. I could hear the others get out of the water as well, gagging as well. I was leaning up against the wall, trying to recover from barfing my guts out, when I heard screaming. I looked up.

"Stan?" No one else seemed to haves heard it though. "Stan? You there?" The screaming came again. It definitely sounded like him. Without even realizing it, I was speed walking towards the screaming.