Chapter Forty-four - The Dance

Marie POV

Marie POV

"Do you want to dance?" I hear Draco asking me. I turn around and see his beautiful grey eyes shining brighter than the lightning.

"It's been raining, two days." I say and he comes closer.

He puts his hands on my waist and starts to move slowly as the rain falls down our bodies. I position my hands on his shoulder and bury my face on his chest.

I look at Draco's face and his eyes, again, examining my features.

My wet hair sticking on my cheeks, he puts his cold hand on my face and I feel a single tear running down my cheek.

"Draco."

"Don't cry, my love, I am here." he says while our bodies swing with the breeze.

Feels good to dance with him, he takes control of me, I follow his pace. It was like a dream, the storm above us, the water hitting our skin harshly, his dominant touch, my sudden tears, nothing made sense, but everything was so perfect, the kind of moment you want to live forever.

"Do you think it will ever stop? The war?" I ask him and he looks at me and gives me a smile of pity and sorrow.

"It will. Nothing lasts forever. But until then, we will lose a lot, well, we already lost."

"I'm scared." I say and he cups my chin.

"It will be okay, darling. I'd do anything to protect you. I would die for you, Marie."

"Don't die for me, Draco, life is so boring without you." I say and he chuckles.

Draco stares deeply into my brown eyes and I close them as I sense him coming closer. He seals our lips into a warm kiss.

"Never let me go." he says once again and I smiled.

"I won't. Now, shut up and kiss me." I say as we both laugh together.