Chapter Thirty-three - Going Back to You

Draco POV

Draco POV

It's today. I will get married today. I feel my breath getting heavy. I was wearing a black dress robe and my hair was slicked back. Everything was ready.

I look out the window and I see the big garden, I remember each step I took there, between violets, roses and carnations, I remember her hair dancing with the wind, her body moving gracefully like a swan. I feel my head spinning, everything is so confusing.

With shaky hands, I grab a cigarette and light it. Feeling the smoke in my lungs was calming, It was the only thing I had control over, the smoke.

There were no summer birds or rays of sunlight outside, the weather prevailed cold and dark, the sky was grey and the gloom of sadness filled each glance of the Manor.

My blood felt cold, running through my veins like the hot nicotine in my throat, burning.

"Draco... It's time..."

"Mother..."

"Don't smoke, darling... It's not good for you..."

"I don't care."

My mother comes in my direction and slides her fingers through my hair.

"It's going to be okay, honey... I promise." she said.

"I know."

"Come on, Draco. We can't be late, the guests are already here, the ceremony is about to start."

"I'm going, mum."

My mother walks to the door and opens it, "I love you" she says

"I love you too" I respond and smile with tears in my eyes.

My mum closes the door and I take a last glance at the window, from far away I see an owl coming in my direction, a beautiful beige owl.

I open the window and it enters my room, leaving a light envelope and departing, going in the same direction that it came.

I open the envelope and see a piece of parchment.

Draco,

I promised myself I wouldn't write to you, but I was not able to keep my promise. I tried to forget you, I really did, but I was not able to. Something happened today, Draco, I don't know what to do, the only thing I could think of was writing you. I can't stop thinking about how you make me feel, I tried to deny it but I love you, I really do.

I miss you,
Marie.

I felt the tears running down my cheeks. I love this girl, I need to find her.

I suddenly forget about everything else, I need to go see her, I need to take her with me, hold her in my arms and never let her go.

I grab my broom and fly out of the window. I look back, maybe I won't be able to come back after I do this... Should I?

The image of Marie comes into my head with the answer, immediately.

Yes.

I start to fly in the same direction I did that day. I am going to see her, no matter how much it costs.