Chapter Forty-eight - Hogwarts part I

I open my eyes as I hear loud noises coming from downstairs

I open my eyes as I hear loud noises coming from downstairs. I turn around and Draco is not there anymore. I get out of bed and lazily put on the same dress from yesterday. I open the door and walk through the hallway as fast as I could. I get to the top of the stairs and I see all the death eaters reunited.

Narcissa looks at me and whispers something to Draco, that immediately turns around to face me and comes in my direction.

Draco grabs me by the arm with shaky hands and takes me to his room.

"Draco... What's happening?" I ask as I glimpse into his cold eyes getting colder.

"It's today. Harry is in Hogwarts." I freeze as his words enter my mind. I feel my face heating up and a single teardrop falling from my eye.

I knew this day would come but I never thought it was now. I believed I was prepared, but now that it is for real, I can't seem to find a way out of this. People are dying tonight.

"Hey, hey... Don't cry. It's going to be just fine." Draco tries to comfort me but the tone in his voice showed that he was even more devastated than me.

I hate to admit it but I'm scared. I am fucking scared. This day will change the course of our lives forever.

"You will be just fine, I'll protect you-" Draco starts to say but I interrupt him, "Please, Draco, promise me you will be safe." I said between sobs.

"I will, darling. Don't worry about me." he tells me with a sad smile.

"I can't risk losing you. Sometimes, it feels like you are the only one I have." I say and he gives me the same pitiful smile as before.

"You too, Marie. Seems like I have much, but I really have nothing. You, my mum, it's all that matters for now." he confesses with a serious look on his face. Today, he didn't feel like the pure happy boy that I know. He was broken, his heart shattered to pieces.

I feel some kind of nothingness, nothing to say, nothing to do, three seconds of a meaningless void, It felt so empty.

"Come here." Draco says taking me out of the trance and holding me into a tight hug.

"I love you." I say, my voice muffled by his chest and the smell of his cologne invaded my nostrils.

"I love you too." he tells me and we kiss passionately.

The room remained silent but some instants later, Draco tells me to change.

I walk back to my room and open the closet. Seems so ridiculous to pick something to wear for a battle, especially when I have to wear all black to make my father satisfied. Just imagine the look on his face if I appeared downstairs with a bright lemon yellow dress, I would pay to see it.

I choose a black Brushed Bardot top with black pants and a leather jacket. I put on some boots and leather gloves.

I grab my wand and put it in my pocket. I leave my room and see Draco in his black suit waiting for me at the end of the corridor.