Chapter forty-nine - Hogwarts part II

GUYS, I'm sorry for disappearing, I haven't been motivated to write lately!! But I have to end this story!!! Luv y'all🖤

--

I run through the castle holding hands with Draco, my heart beats fast as we rush through the stairs

"Do you have any idea of where they are?" Draco asks while breathing heavily.

"I have no fucking clue of where they are" I say and Draco stops running and pulls me back.

"There's no point in looking for them right now, Ree!" he says and I try to walk away but he continues, "I know you are worried, but they are probably in the middle of the battle right now. They will be okay, now, let me take you somewhere safer" he says and I feel tears forming in my eyes.

"I don't want to hide, Draco! I will fight! I will go after them!" I say, he tried to interrupt me but I keep talking, "You can't keep running away from your problems, Draco! Either you stay and fight by my side or you hide without me! I am not going!" I say with stubbornness in my voice.

"But, Ree, what if you die... What if we die?" he says in an insecure way.

"We will die trying" I say wiping the tears off of my eyes.

I extend my hand to him, he looks hesitantly at me. His grey eyes glimmering with the light of the flaming torches. He takes a deep breath and takes my hand making me smile.

Draco was scared, I could feel it. His hands were shaky and cold, his whole body looked tense and his breath was erratic.

"It's going to be okay." I say and give him a gentle peck on the cheek, "Let's go!"

We keep walking down the stairs and the sound of the spells was getting louder and louder.

I felt my belly getting heavy and a knot was tied to my throat. I was feeling very anxious, which made me disconnect myself from reality for a few seconds. My vision was blurry and the only thing I felt was this gigantic empty space inside of me.

I fight my lack of courage and keep going until we reach the ground floor. I hear the noises of shooting spells and people screaming. I saw green and red lightning everywhere.

With our wands in hand, we protect ourselves.

"Draco! Look! Fred is there!" I say and we walk towards him.

"Fred!" I say and the three of us get down behind a statue.

"Hey, Marie!" he gives Draco a dirty look and answers nervously.

"Do you happen to know where my parents are?" I ask Fred.

"Your bald dad, not really. But Elijah and Greta were in the great hall one hour ago," he says and I roll my eyes.

"I'll go look for them there then. Take care, Fred!" I say and leave with Draco. I look back and see Fred leaving to the entrance of the castle, where George was waiting for him.