Chapter Nine - The Cellar

Today was a good day, I had no Herbology and I've got a decent grade in Transfiguration!

I was going back to my dormitory when I heard a strange noise. I decided to ignore it, must be another student.

I am quite happy in school, even if it's not the same as it was some years ago, I finally made some friends, not the ones that I'd expect, but the ones that I needed. This place still sucks though.

I get to the door to the common room when someone covers my mouth and I hear, "Shhhh, quiet."

My first impulse was to push the person but he was quite strong and I couldn't properly move, then a tried to grab my wand but he took it from me.

I was desperate, who is this? I tried to scream but I couldn't.

I feel my body getting heavier and I close my eyes.

My head hurts, feels like I'm waking up, but... I don't remember going to sleep- wait.

I open my eyes and see that I am in an empty room, it was dirty and humid, it looked like a cage.

"Hello?!" I shout trying to get someone's help.

"Well, well, well... I see that you are already awake..." I hear a man say.

I turn around and see a man, he wore black and had long blond hair. But- wait. I saw him in a dream once. Oh God, this can't be good.

"Where am I?" I say almost crying.

The man laughs and says "you are where he wants you to be."

"Who's he?" I question him.

The man laughs at me again and tells me "The dark lord, my dear."

When I heard what he said, my body froze. I felt like my body stopped to respond and that I would be static forever, the tears formed in my eyes but I showed no expression, I was shocked.

"What do you want from me?" I ask him, the disgust in my voice was noticeable.

"We want your family's life." he affirms, his words hit me like a truck, I felt the desolation, I can't do anything to change this. My life's over.

The man leaves and I feel confused, I still don't understand... Why me?

Draco POV

I was locked inside my bedroom, I could hear the screams of the poor girl downstairs. Her voice seems familiar, it hurts to hear. But I can't be a coward, as my father says.

I lay on my side and start to look at the wall, trying to get my mind out of death eater businesses.

My mum knocks on the door and enters my room.

"Draco, We are going to sleep." she says with a sad voice, she seemed disturbed.

"Okay." that's the only thing I can say.

She leaves and my room feels empty again.

Marie POV

"Please! Help me!" I shouted but no one seemed to hear.

I was bawling my eyes out and my screams were painfully slow.

I gave up. It's over. I'm done. This is the end of me. My mum was right, I can't handle the war. I didn't listen to her, now I am locked in someone's basement, destined for death.

Draco POV

I noticed that the shouting had stopped and it made me even more worried.

I should go take a look but it's too risky.

In the end, I decided to go. I leave my room and walk downstairs to the drawing room. I walk towards the stairs and start to go down to the cellar.

Marie POV

I hear footsteps coming in my direction, I get shivers down my spine. Will it kill me?

When I look at the door, my eyes go wide in shock. It was him. The one the room of requirement made me seek. The one I've dreamed about every night. The one whose name was hard for me to say.

The look at his face. I can see the surprise and pity for me. His eyes were fixed on mine.

"You." I say with disgust and he appears confused.

"You don't get enough of getting in trouble, do you?"

"I thought you would be different." I mumbled to myself.

"What?" he asked me

"Nothing." I answer rudely.

He stares at me and says "Don't talk to me like this. You're at my house." he says firmly.

I let out an ironic laugh, "As if I had chosen to be here! Believe me, I'd do anything to be far away from you and your death eater family! It's true what they say! You are evil, all of you!" I say with tears in my eyes.

When I look at him, I can see a fraction of pain in his expressions.

"Whatever. Just wait until your mudblood friends come to rescue you! We will kill all of them." he says with anger all over his face and leaves.

I can't believe that I thought he would be a nice person. Morgana was right, he's just like his family.

I lay down on the floor and cry. That's all that is left for me.

Draco POV

I regret saying that to the girl, she might be feeling hopeless in there, but I couldn't let her saying those things about my family, especially my mother, she doesn't deserve this.

That girl makes me angry, she doesn't understand that once you've got the dark mark on your arm, you have no choice anymore. I can't help her.

I go back to my bed, one more sleepless night.