Chapter Twenty-seven - Cigarettes

Draco POV

Draco POV

It's been one week since the Parkinsons don't leave my house, it's getting annoying.

I walk everyday through the gardens remembering my lover girl. I sit where we kissed and try to remember the sweet taste of her lips.

I am here right now and I am falling into my old habits, I have a lighter in my hand and a cigarette in my mouth.

I take a deep drag and feel the nicotine rushing through my lungs. Some seconds later, I puff the dark smoke out of my nostrils. Poisoning myself felt good sometimes, especially when everything is so fucked up that it is the only option.

I remember smoking in the Astronomy Tower along with Blaise and Goyle. We would sit there in silence, smelling the strong scent of the tobacco. They were good friends, I enjoyed having them around.

I get up and press the tip of the cigarette against the border of the window behind me, leaving the burnt cigarette there.

I was always a man of habits, bad habits especially. I tried everything to forget my problems but it only made them worse.

I walk back inside and go straight to my room.

I go to my bathroom and fill my bathtub, I have to get rid of the smell of smoke before my mum can notice.

I put on some music and enter the bathtub. The water placed hot kisses all over my body, it burned my skin like touching cold snow.

I lay there looking out for nothing, thinking of my doubts and crying about my past, present and future.

The water feels like home, but home is where my problems stay.

I remember every detail of her, the way her lips curved when she smiled, the small beauty mark she had on her neck, the way she would pretend to hate me but secretly love me, we are so much alike but so different.

She was the lover and I was the hater, I was the darkness and she was the light. These things are so different but so alike, just like me and her and that's why I love her.

I get out of the bathtub, I should go see her.